Roux

Orange dye

Hi friends, i wanted to see if anyone had recommendations for orange dye, and perhaps some pictures or links to some visuals. 

What i am realizing is finding a true bright orange is hard to get, or i am looking in the wrong places. Lol

I'm talking Harley Davidson's kind of orange.

Anyone have any imput? Thanks!

Which ones have you tried that didn't work?

Fiebing's makes an Orange dye but I have not used it. https://www.springfieldleather.com/Fiebings-Leather-Dye-Orange-32oz

If that does not work, you might try mixing Red and Yellow Fiebing's Pro Dye, to get exactly the shade that you want.

nick

I haven't tried any yet, i went into tandy leather store near me and they had eco flow oranges and there was orange antiquing stuff. 

I hadnt seen any of the fiebings in orange, just brown colors that seemed close to orange until the guy showed me a swatch and it was darker and more brown than i was wanting. 

Ill check out that fiebings one, thank you!

On 7/28/2019 at 12:45 PM, Roux said:

Hi friends, i wanted to see if anyone had recommendations for orange dye, and perhaps some pictures or links to some visuals. 

What i am realizing is finding a true bright orange is hard to get, or i am looking in the wrong places. Lol

I'm talking Harley Davidson's kind of orange.

Anyone have any imput? Thanks!

here's the only thing i have that shows it very well, this was 4/5oz vegtan dip dyed black and orange then braided....hope this helps...ps. it was fiebings "orange" and ordered off amazon as no one had it in stock.

17155592_10212169237887011_4753199140675734841_n.jpg

I do not know how it is available in the US, but just in case, look at Toledo Super (Kenda Farben, Italy) color code 33006.

Angelus has an Orange dye, as well as a Honey dye -- I haven't used either of them, so I can't say how close they are to the color you are looking for. 
Check online here: <https://angelusshoepolish.com/collections/leather-dye>

Theres a natural dye,  its a bright orange-ish- yellow  ,  I use it in cooking, Turmeric . It stains just about everything it comes in contact with , kitchen work benches, ......clothes. Theres no harm in experimenting with it or mixing it with other dyes to get the colour you want. 

HS