dfrensdorff

Hot Stamping Machine Palooza

A little while back, I started a search for an older hot stamping machine, wanting to hot stamp initials etc.  ... EBay, Craigslist etc .... looking primarily for a Kingsley, (based on advice from a member here), but I was also looking for a Howard, as well as a Kwikprint ... (but not as aggressively because they appeared to be a bit more expensive). No real luck, until I searched on my local CL last week. Came across a guy selling a Howard that his father had, and some other machines. Talked to him, and went to take a look today .... came home with this!  He just wanted to get rid of all of it at once.   4 Howards, J-100-A Machines, and a Kwikprint model 55. As well, a bunch of Kingsley type, a bit of other type, line holders, and a slew of extra parts,  not in the photo, and items that will take me a while to figure it all out. They all work and heat up .... going to spend some time cleaning, changing out electrical cords etc. At some point in time,  I believe I’ll be selling some of this, as I don’t need it all. Crazy how this happens ... 

EDCCA7C6-6393-4509-ADAA-604890F56C0F.jpeg

Edited by dfrensdorff

Wow!

6 hours ago, dfrensdorff said:

A little while back, I started a search for an older hot stamping machine, wanting to hot stamp initials etc.  ... EBay, Craigslist etc .... looking primarily for a Kingsley, (based on advice from a member here), but I was also looking for a Howard, as well as a Kwikprint ... (but not as aggressively because they appeared to be a bit more expensive). No real luck, until I searched on my local CL last week. Came across a guy selling a Howard that his father had, and some other machines. Talked to him, and went to take a look today .... came home with this!  He just wanted to get rid of all of it at once.   4 Howards, J-100-A Machines, and a Kwikprint model 55. As well, a bunch of Kingsley type, a bit of other type, line holders, and a slew of extra parts,  not in the photo, and items that will take me a while to figure it all out. They all work and heat up .... going to spend some time cleaning, changing out electrical cords etc. At some point in time,  I believe I’ll be selling some of this, as I don’t need it all. Crazy how this happens ... 

EDCCA7C6-6393-4509-ADAA-604890F56C0F.jpeg

EXCELLENT pick up :thumbsup: hold back on selling too much for a little while. I run 3 different machines regularly and being able to dedicate one to a certain type of work and another to another work flow comes in very handy. The Kwikprint will be good for the heavier and larger type jobs and the little ones good for quick changing with the monogramming initials etc.

Great idea .... personally, I’m  going to keep the Kwikprint, and one Howard .... going to sell the other three Howard’s. I’m replacing the electrical cords and doing a soft cleaning and then I’ll list them ..... way too much stuff for me to have laying around .... 

Thats pretty awesome.  Neat machines!

YinTx