Hardrada

Removing/masking Leather Balm with Atom Wax

Sloppy was out for the weekend and left me in charge.

As I was applying Leather Balm with Atom Wax I got some on the flesh side of the wallet:

Atom_wax_runoff.jpg

Is there a way to fix that without making the problem worse?

I might have to sell this one as 'seconds'. :ranting2:

I wouldn't sweat that at all. The leather layman won't even notice.

Could try cotton buds ( Q-tips , to the left side of the pondians )  dipped lightly in acetone..only rub in a twisting upwards motion*, after contact with the "smear" ( around the axis of the stick ) so that you lift the balm off, without spreading it , and without the acetone going into the leather and altering the colour / migrating to the finish side and changing the colour there.

* Think "scooping it off with the cotton fibres"
Put a piece of paper ( 80grm printer paper will do ) folded over the edge of the card slots to protect them from inadvertently rubbing off any finish there . Future..slide a piece of same paper into the inside of anything that you don't want to get finish on, if you are going to be really sloppy, use a piece of "split" ( about 3 to 4 oz ) slid in, to protect anywhere that you don't want anything to get onto. No "spilt"..? manilla carton will "make do", but split is better.

HTH :)

Would tend to agree with battlemunky, 9 out of 10 punters wouldn't notice, but it would bug me..and doubtless thee..so..

You can also scrape it off lightly with the edge of a round scalpel blade #10 ( I think it is #10, can't find my box of the round ones at this time of night to check ) Swann Morton.

Edited by mikesc

I'd just apply Leather Balm with Atom Wax over the entire project, inside and out.  After it is mostly dry, I'd use a rolling pin, empty glass jar, or a burnisher to slick the inside, as if using gum trag.  That will help even out the color.