Hi everyone! 
I am relatively new to leathercraft. I made this leather keychain for a friend. Any advice is very appreciated! 

B54A2434-333C-4971-8361-A5E163598938.jpeg

More views would help.  I like the design and the colors.

What’s the back look like? Also if you tell what your process was people can give better advice. Practice your stitching on some scrap that jumps out at me. I like the design and colors.

What would you do different?

Thanks for the comments! The rivet is a little off center which bothers me. I have to practice setting rivets on some scrap. I don’t have a picture of the back but I’ll get one and show you. 

a. on rivets. make sure they are neither too short nor too long for the material they are going thru..- if too short they will not fully fasten, if too long the stem will bend sideways and make the head drift to one side. Ideally you want 2.3 to 3.5mm of stem above the leather.

It' handmade for a friend. What you may call imperfections I call unique making it like none other. What is the colored material in between the leather?

C83C7F6F-BBE0-4C5B-A715-B22FC13508F9.thumb.jpeg.363b009ab86d7755085b548145e56447.jpeg
This is the back of the keychain. 

The keychain itself is just two pieces of very thin leather sewn together. I painted the bottom piece with the Eco-flo turquoise color from Tandy and the top piece was just the cut design. 

I like the black and turquoise combo, it pops nicely. Insterad of using 2 pieces of leather, i would done it all as one piece you fold in half so there is not a leather end near the rivet. Also, How do you get keys on it? 

You have a very good point. I guess keychain wouldn’t be the best word for it. My friend wanted it for her car keys and she already had the hardware to connect it. I’ll have to make a different variant with an actual key ring. Thank you for your input.

hee, hee, (on us)

4 hours ago, Sperrier said:

. . . Also, How do you get keys on it? 

It took till today to spot that, :rolleyes2:

we are so observant aren't we? (not)