Forester

Retro Style Holster and Double Magazine Pouch

Made from 6-7 oz veg tan leather, laminated back to back, hand stamped serpentine border, dyed brown and then hand finished.

DSCF9029_opt.jpg

DSCF9030_opt.jpg

DSCF9034_opt.jpg

DSCF9041_opt.jpg

DSCF9038_opt.jpg

DSCF9042_opt.jpg

Sorry forgot to mention its for a Colt 1911.

Really nice, clean looking holster there.   Again great looking holster.

Edited by akguy59

Nice work! I love the stitching for the retaining straps for some reason. Simple I guess? Looks great none-the-less.

Very nice work.  I like the cut on the back of the holster.  looks easy to draw.

A really beautiful and well thought out design, and perfectly executed.

17 hours ago, wizard of tragacanth said:

Looks real nice. I cannot figure out how one would attach the holster to a belt? 

nick

Looks to be a buscadero type design.

Forester, yet another beautiful holster you have created.  I am glad you lined this one... helps to protect the finish of the weapon. Very nice, I may just have to make one like that for one of my semi autos.

On 11/3/2019 at 5:45 AM, Professor said:
On 11/2/2019 at 1:23 PM, wizard of tragacanth said:

Looks real nice. I cannot figure out how one would attach the holster to a belt? 

nick

Looks to be a buscadero type design.

I could be wrong, but I believe Buscadero refers more to the type of gun belt, and how the holster hangs from the belt. That style gun belt was made popular by western movies , but it really did not exist in the in the old west. Professor is on the right track thought, in the sense that Forester's holster resembles that of a western style single action revolver holster (cowboy holster), in which case, the belt would slide between the holster and the holster skirt (back piece of leather).  The  holster and skirt are made from one piece of leather (two if you lined it) that gets folded completely over to make an upside down U. The holster then gets attached (held down) to the skirt via a strap as seen above (Solid skirt holster), or the holster is passed through two slits in the skirt (Mexican loop holster). The pocket formed between the fold at the top and the lower strap (or loop) is where the belt gets passed through.

Edited by RemingtonSteel