Mariohanel

Need help fixing Herman Schwabe Model D Clicker Press

I made the rookie mistake and turned the top hand wheel to far and it locked up and now it wont turn either direction. How do you get it to turn again?

The hand wheel won't turn, or the press is jammed? 

I assume this is a hydraulic press.  If the press is jammed, you will have to figure out how to bleed the pressure off would be my guess.

Tom

Mario, I had this happen to me one time.  I even put a pry bar in the wheel and tried to get it to turn and still didn't have any luck.  I was afraid I was going to break the wheel, because it is cast.  I never did figure out what I did to get it to turn again.  I cycled the machine a few times, and eventually it moved.  I'm afraid that's not much help, and I've always worried that it might happen again.  Mine wasn't even turned all the way up or all the way down.  I think I stopped it in between detents when I was turning it, and then used it.  In any event, the wheel jammed and no matter what I did I could get that thing to turn.  I guess I'd cycle it a couple times, empty, and then try turning the wheel.  Good luck, I panic when my clicker does anything out of the ordinary.

Edited by BigSiouxSaddlery
Spelling

Thanks, for the responses, I hit it the hand wheel with a block of wood and a heavy hammer the opposite direction I was turning  the wheel when it locked up, now it is turning as it should. Thanks for the help.