Rossr

Couple a sheaths off my bench

Couple of sheaths I finished up.  The antler handled knife I made. The wood handled one is a older factory knife I had around. Nothing special but cleaned up nice and is a user for sure.

Both sheaths are wickett and craig skirting.  The antler one has brown deer skin liner and the wood handle one  black calf skin(figured I would try it had some scrap).  Some basic tooling on both.  Antler one I added the black accent leather piece for an extra detail.

Thoughts welcomed as always. Always looking to improve.

20191215_204528.jpg

20191215_204158.jpg

20191215_204214.jpg

20191215_181955.jpg

20191215_204344.jpg

20191215_204247.jpg

20191215_182019.jpg

20191215_204409.jpg

20191215_182056.jpg

I really like them both.  The only thing I might change would be to reverse the tie down loop, as it sits, it could be unsnapped while brushing by something but it if was reversed, that wouldn't happen. 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:26 PM, BlakesBlades said:

The only thing I might change would be to reverse the tie down loop, as it sits, it could be unsnapped while brushing by something

Depends on whether its a right side or left side carry. These knives, especially the wood handled knife, appear to me, to be a left side carry (the straight side of the sheath being to the rear when fitted).

On 12/23/2019 at 9:37 AM, Rockoboy said:

Depends on whether its a right side or left side carry. These knives, especially the wood handled knife, appear to me, to be a left side carry (the straight side of the sheath being to the rear when fitted).

This debate comes up often .  I've had customers want it this way and some the other way.    I get the logic of this is wrong for right hand carry.  These are both right hand carry.  The sharp part towards the back when you slide it in the sheath .  The wood handled knife makes it seem like the other way just cause How I  laid the knife for the pic. I've never had a problem with it coming undone that way and I prefer opening and closing it this way better.  

I can still flip.it around thankfully if needed.

Ross

On 12/23/2019 at 7:37 AM, Rockoboy said:

Nice sheaths. This is one reason I always ask my customers what side they will be carrying the knife on.

Edited by steelhawk

4 minutes ago, steelhawk said:

Nice sheaths. This is one reason I always ask my customers what side they will be carrying the knife on.

Thanks steel hawk.