dikman

Jeff's bobbin holder (as designed by Rocky Aussie)

I decided to make one of these, only 'cos I could.

It probably would have been quicker and easier to make it out of wood!!!

I persevered because I knew I should

And at the end it works real good!

I think we can see why I didn't become a poet.:whistle: Please ignore the rough finish as I had to use a sanding drum in a Dremel to get everything to line up. The problem was that as  printed the height of the main body needs to be about 4mm taller, which I didn't realise until after it was printed. At over 8 hours I wasn't going to print another one!!! My solution was to print a top piece, which is thin, cut out the solid fill over the bobbin positions, glue it to the main body and then use the Dremel to sand everything to fit. When I made the base piece I extended it by 25mm and the white chair tip was a nice tight fit to hold it all together. As I only have eight bobbins it was perfect for my needs.

I had a few issues printing as the extreme hot weather we're having caused variations in the bed height and also getting the things to stick properly, as can be seen at the corners of the opening on the top piece. Doesn't matter, however as it works fine. I had to scrap one top piece as I left it printing and when I came back the nozzle had obviously caught, knocked the glass off the bed and I had a lovely big blob around the nozzle!

So thanks for your design effort, Brian.:specool:

Jeff's Bobbin Holder 1a.jpg

Jeff's Bobbin holder 2a.jpg

1 hour ago, dikman said:

I had a few issues printing as the extreme hot weather we're having caused variations in the bed height and also getting the things to stick properly, as can be seen at the corners of the opening on the top piece. Doesn't matter, however as it works fine.

I had the ends lift on one of my prints but tracked it back to the humidly being sucked in the filament. I left damn roll out for a couple of days. Solution was to use our Print Dry to remove the dampness and then remember to store it in the proper vac container with couple silica gel desiccant packs after use.

kgg