toxo

Pushing the old Durkopp 239-125

My daughter wanted an all day sized bag rather than a going out at night bag which the last one was. I liked the look of this circle bag but I wasn't sure how much of it I would have to hand sew. The only suitable leather on hand was 2.4mm veg tan and this bag is 10 inches across and 4inches wide so I wasn't hopeful. It was a struggle at times but how wrong was I? apart from across the Ds this is all Durkopp flatbed. Don't forget I'm still learning this stuff so there are mistakes but they're getting fewer as I take on different projects. The next one of these will be in softer leather and then I'll think about piping and inside zipped pockets but I'm well pleased with my old Durkopp and I take back all those nasty things I've said about her over the last couple of years.1454133531_19thfeb2020102.jpg.1110d46ad8401e9557b87463759423fd.jpg1296029037_19thfeb2020105.jpg.9952d3a07ebccbba4782c2aa44932159.jpg

Wow that is sweet! Nice job, your daughter should be very happy. I just learning the craft but I'm hoping to work up to that quality.

2 minutes ago, Brownie1 said:

Wow that is sweet! Nice job, your daughter should be very happy. I just learning the craft but I'm hoping to work up to that quality.

Thanks Brownie. I wouldn't go as far as quality. This was more about getting thick leather under a flatbed machine and it was a struggle sometimes.