As you all know I'm a big fan of batch making. Well, last year about this time I cut out and punched about 15 of these bags. I completed some of them throughout the year, but I was never in love with the strap and hardware system involved in it, and they didn't sell well. 

Fast forward to this weekend and a moderate understanding of the mystery braid..... I completed my last eight bags this weekend. I think the different strap designs will help. 

I also batched out some coin purses.

7656E73D-2156-4883-8C92-80AE9A0FAFCE.jpeg2B895A2E-F3BE-4AEC-880C-C7F0F0DE93C7.jpegDC3430F4-0906-4C47-9D2D-A1A918BEFB1E.jpegE7BFF597-8CA9-4DA2-876B-9DFB3EB3DB12.jpegBE0D03FC-F0F2-4099-8790-A056ADFB4B3D.jpeg

Lot of work in that!  And one of the challenges of batch work, needs to be an in demand item or you get stuck with a bunch of somethings!  It occurred to me maybe the ones you haven't sold might do well with some decoration, like a concho with a bleed knot out of it... aka around the 31:50 mark here..

YinTx

9 hours ago, YinTx said:

Lot of work in that!  And one of the challenges of batch work, needs to be an in demand item or you get stuck with a bunch of somethings!  It occurred to me maybe the ones you haven't sold might do well with some decoration, like a concho with a bleed knot out of it... aka around the 31:50 mark here..

YinTx

I'm sure you're on to something. It seems the indestructible and solid brass approach doesn't necessarily add to a fasionble sales equation. But, maybe the new handle styles will help.

And? It's not like I need to sell them, thankfully. But, they may make their way to a craft show sooner or later. And, at a low enough sale price almost anything will move. The leathers were all inexpensive. I have sold enough of them to recoup the hardware costs, and probably even the leather. So, if I sell the rest for pocket cash it's not really a loss. Just time spent doing my hobby. 

That in itself is worth the time, if you know what I mean. 

1 hour ago, bikermutt07 said:

I have sold enough of them

If they are sellin, don't change a thing.  I have some stuff that isn't so I picked up some conchos to try out the idea myself.  

YinTx

The mystery braid looks great on those and suits the style nicely, I bet they’ll sell fine.

I like the marbled look on a couple of those coin purses, what’s that leather?

9 hours ago, Retswerb said:

The mystery braid looks great on those and suits the style nicely, I bet they’ll sell fine.

I like the marbled look on a couple of those coin purses, what’s that leather?

Thanks. It was a printed leather from Tandy. It's pretty cheap feeling and has a firmer bossy than it should at that thickness. It didn't mark well, so I opted against braiding it.