This is just a short 2 minute video showing some of the steps and processes used in making our first batch of these. My granddaughters, son and friends have been all been wonderful to send me some pictures of them being worn. The lady doing most of the work in it is MY  wonderful wife.:yes: I hope there may be a couple of useful bits that may be of help if you are doing any of these. In case your are wondering how many pieces of fabric I am cutting with the Fiskars circular knife, I found that initially when it was extra sharp I could cut 8 layers but that dropped back to 4 layers as is bluntened off after the first 200 masks or so. The cutting table has a 3' 4" square top of HDPE. The lacing tool for the elastic is a reshaped bicycle spoke. 

:spoton:

I’ve been using my Cricut to cut out the fabric,  works not too badly as I preload several mats at a time, and let it get on with it.

I think the biggest problem is getting decent elastic.    I was informed by a friend this morning that recycling her hubby’s y front knicker elastic doesn’t work.

5 minutes ago, LumpenDoodle2 said:

:spoton:

I’ve been using my Cricut to cut out the fabric,  works not too badly as I preload several mats at a time, and let it get on with it.

I think the biggest problem is getting decent elastic.    I was informed by a friend this morning that recycling her hubby’s y front knicker elastic doesn’t work.

I had to go and find out about them Cricut cutters. I was a little curious what sort of critter or grasshopper could do that.:wub:

The elastic I used is 2mm shock cord which so far seems to be well excepted. It will last well at least.:showoff:

Ummm, . . . no sound . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

I make that style and for the kids I use white fabric so they can use sharpies to color and design their own mask faces, they love that. great video! 

14 hours ago, Dwight said:

Ummm, . . . no sound . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

You think it should have music? or should I be talking through the steps? I like a bit of music but I've seen a lot here don't in the past.

I kept trying to figure out why my sound wasn't working.

One way or another, . . . I kinda shut it down in the late evening when the Mrs is in bed, . . . thought I'd really done it this time, . . . 

Finally figured there must not be a sound track.

Anyway, . . . I figured it out without the play by play.

Thanks, may God bless,

Dwight