I got lucky and this guy called me this morning! So I drove up to Ft. Worth and picked this up! Paid $800.00! It needs the tension post and assembly on the side, it took a tumble somewhere, and broke... 

I’ll need to source a table stout enough to hold this heavy sob up!  Has anyone ever seen or used one of these! I like the little table under where the arm would be! 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324099240525

ill be reading up on these things tonight! 
mill be looking for different attachment to! And hope there’s some available! 
Flat table conversion, edge guide, hoping there’s a stirrup and holster plate as well!

I isn’t the Super Bull Pro 2000 I was hoping to find, but the price was right! 
Hoffman must be shut down for the Corona Crap! Hell to get a hold of! 

23 hours ago, turbotexas said:

Has anyone ever seen or used one of these! 

I owned one for a couple years, and I've never hated a machine as badly as I hated that one.  The stand was an original factory stand, and was a cobbled together piece of junk.  I know people that have had these machines and get along with them fine, but one of the happiest days of my life was when it went out my door. I have a UL, a Landis 3, a Randall (Campbell style), an American Straight Needle, a Landis 16, a Cowboy 4500,  and a number of Landis #1s, and I wouldn't trade any one of them for the Ferdinand machine.  I hope you get along with yours better than I did.

1 minute ago, BigSiouxSaddlery said:

I owned one for a couple years, and I've never hated a machine as badly as I hated that one.  The stand was an original factory stand, and was a cobbled together piece of junk.  I know people that have had these machines and get along with them fine, but one of the happiest days of my life was when it went out my door. I have a UL, a Landis 3, a Randall (Campbell style), an American Straight Needle, a Landis 16, a Cowboy 4500,  and a number of Landis #1s, and I wouldn't trade any one of them for the Ferdinand machine.  I hope you get along with yours better than I did.

Sorry to hear about your luck? Everyone I’ve seen lives there’s? 
im hoping I can figure it out! 

26 minutes ago, BigSiouxSaddlery said:

Sorry to go off topic but I gotta ask: which of those machines pulls the nicest stitch? Or is there really not much difference?

54 minutes ago, 480volt said:

Sorry to go off topic but I gotta ask: which of those machines pulls the nicest stitch? Or is there really not much difference?

You cannot do better than a Randall that is perfectly set up. It produces the stitch by which all other machines are measured.  The drawback is that at 5/8", it is pretty well maxxed out.  It does best on 3/8" to 1/2" of leather.  The Randall high lift machine was made for applications upwards of that.  It also only has 9" (at the most) of throat.  Once a person gets used to the 16" on one of the so called clone machines, you cuss the limitation of 9" a little more.  The most versatile would probably have to be the cb 4500, but it will never produce the prettiest stitch.

23 hours ago, BigSiouxSaddlery said:

You cannot do better than a Randall that is perfectly set up. It produces the stitch by which all other machines are measured.  The drawback is that at 5/8", it is pretty well maxxed out.  It does best on 3/8" to 1/2" of leather.  The Randall high lift machine was made for applications upwards of that.  It also only has 9" (at the most) of throat.  Once a person gets used to the 16" on one of the so called clone machines, you cuss the limitation of 9" a little more.  The most versatile would probably have to be the cb 4500, but it will never produce the prettiest stitch.

Thanks for the feedback, there’s not many that have that kind of range of heavy stitchers.

53 minutes ago, 480volt said:

Thanks for the feedback, there’s not many that have that kind of range of heavy stitchers.

Oh I have more, I just didn't name them all!  I have a couple Bauer's, a Landis 12 curved needle, an American curved needle but that one is supposed to be sold.  There are 8 Landis #1s now, I think.  I sort of collect old iron.:).  They don't all sew. . .yet.  Some are projects.

19 hours ago, BigSiouxSaddlery said:

Oh I have more, I just didn't name them all!  I have a couple Bauer's, a Landis 12 curved needle, an American curved needle but that one is supposed to be sold.  There are 8 Landis #1s now, I think.  I sort of collect old iron.:).  They don't all sew. . .yet.  Some are projects.

I’m in that same mood... collecting! My collection isn’t as impressive as yours though at this time!

Ive got the Union Lockstitch! Landis 3 and they both throw the best stitching of everything! I’m looking for a Campbell!

ive got several Singers as well! Everything from a 97-10 down to a 31-15! Cylinder beds and post beds included!

a Ferdco 6/6 that makes a decent stitch, but only one style of needle! LR I think it is... 

this Ferdinand 900B hasn’t even made it out of my trunk of the car yet! I’m waiting on volunteers to help! New table and parts coming next week!

Is there a manual online anywhere?

Anyone have a photo of how this is supposed to be threaded? The Consew manual I found online is too blurry... 

I’ve found some manuals, but haven’t received them yet! My needles will be here today, but the table is several days out! 

It threads the same as the Cowboys & we have a video on our website BUT here's Consews manual on your machine.

consew 756R.pdf

47 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

It threads the same as the Cowboys & we have a video on our website BUT here's Consews manual on your machine.

consew 756R.pdf

That’s the one I can’t see very well on my little phone! 
Thank you! 

I am stumped! How does one move this shuttle holder? 

The hook looks okay, I would adjust the needle bar, but I would check the hook is catching the thread cleanly before I adjust anything.

Put some thread in it and your needle plate on first.

Bert.

Your hook timing is OK,you need to adjust your feed timing,when the needlebar is all the way down & you push the stitch length up & down the needle shouldn't move front to back.So you need to turn the cam(with the forked rod on it on the left w/2 allens on the cam) on the top shaft one way or the other(just alittle @ a time) (when the needlebar is all the way down) until it stops moving front to back.

Bob, just looking at it compared to my 105 it looks where mine is, but the needle could be a little lower.

If that bracket does not move with the bolt  loosened, then I doubt that it moved before.

Bert.

4 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Your hook timing is OK,you need to adjust your feed timing,when the needlebar is all the way down & you push the stitch length up & down the needle shouldn't move front to back.So you need to turn the cam(with the forked rod on it on the left w/2 allens on the cam) on the top shaft one way or the other(just alittle @ a time) (when the needlebar is all the way down) until it stops moving front to back.

is this what you’re referring to CowboyBob? 

No Driver ! Do what I said,put the needlebar all the way down & THEN push the stitch length lever all the way down & then put it in reverse THAT's when when the needlebar should not move front to back .Make sure it's @ the bottom dead center when you do this.

Here the timing .

CB441 manual pg8.pdf

@CowboyBob or is this what you’re referring to? 

whats this pin doing? 

Yes.you need to remove that pin somebody put in there.

1 minute ago, CowboyBob said:

Yes.you need to remove that pin somebody put in there.

I’m going to kick their butt! 
how do you remove this type of pin? 

Get a punch,nail anything the size of the pin & tap it out! They might of had a problem with the timing slipping is why the did that.You might try putting a screwdriver in the slot & gently try to pry it open.

Edited by CowboyBob

10 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Get a punch,nail anything the size of the pin & tap it out! They might of had a problem with the timing slipping is why the did that.You might try putting a screwdriver in the slot & gently try to pry it open.

After my nap!