AlamoJoe2002

Wifes Favorite Bag went into the Washing Machine and I've got a problem

So lets get right into fixing the bag and bypassing the couples counseling. Then again...

My wife's favorite shoulder bag is old worn and needs help. I started out by cleaning the washed leather bag with 320 grit sandpaper. It is cleaning up nicely. 

I have Neetsfoot oil on hand. However, my wife likes the very light leather look after sanding and I don't know how dark the NeetsFoot Oil will make the sanded unfinished leather.

What are your thoughts? How should I re-hydrate and finish the leather to protect it?

Joe

Washed Bag Sanded 320 grit - Edited.jpg

Do a sample patch where it can’t be seen (inside a pocket) to see what the oil will do to the finish?

NeetsFoot Oil makes miracle very often,but,in this case,and to avoid bad odor of nsfto,i prefer to re new it with  shea butter-carite butter - sheaShea Butte

Edited by paloma

14 minutes ago, paloma said:

NeetsFoot Oil makes miracle very often,but,in this case,and to avoid bad odor of nsfto,i prefer to re new it with  shea butter-carite butter - sheaShea Butte

Do you use pure Shea butter-carite butter or do you combine it with something else.   I hadn't thought of using it on leather.

3 minutes ago, Scoutmom103 said:

Do you use pure Shea butter-carite butter or do you combine it with something else.   I hadn't thought of using it on leather.

no no only this butter, as you make it on your hands or on your body,you use it as it is.you take a nut and massage your leather.

Edited by paloma

Thanks