AzShooter

A modern holster for one of my guns

No one makes a leather holster for my highly modified Ruger set up for competition.  I decided to copy a newer style holster but with a few extra details.

The holster is lined with felt and has Chicago Screws holding the belt loop on and a tension screw to make sure the gun doesn't move.  The stitching is all yellow thread to make it a little different.

I like the pattern and will make another holster for my revolver next ( I've got to wait a week because I ran out of Barge Cement).

Any comments or critiques are appreciated.

Mamba Holster #1.jpg

Mamba from rear.jpg

Mamba lining.jpg

Interesting design, but I can't figure out how the gun fits in it with that adjusting screw where it is. Does the upper part of the holster not cover anything?

Right. The top of the holster is open except for the last three inches. The set scew is just in front of the trigger guard. By tightening the screw the gun is securely set for when there is any movement required.  I'll post a picture of the gun when I can.

Here's a picture of the gun that the holster is for.  Having that Red Dot sight on top created the biggest problem in finding a holster that would work.

_DSC9727.jpg

pretty cool ! did you cover that set screw with something so it wont wear on the finish of the firearm?

Years ago, . . . I made one for a guy . . . had a Ruger .22 with a scope on top. 

The gun sat vertical in the holster, . . . I used stacked layers of leather that wound up 3/4 of an inch thick .

It rested on the front of the trigger guard, . . . the front 3 inches or maybe less covered the muzzle of the gun . . . and it had a suicide strap to keep the gun in place.

It was a sale thru a gun shop, . . . never met the customer . . . but the folks at the LGS said he loved it.

But I like the thinking out of the box you did on this one . . . bet you get smiles and inquisitive looks wherever you carry  it.

May God bless,

Dwight

39 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

pretty cool ! did you cover that set screw with something so it wont wear on the finish of the firearm?

Yes, there is a decorative washer under each screw so that they don't damage the leather.  I was able to find all the Chicago Screws and accessories from Knifekits.com  Springfield Leather also had T-Nuts which I will use on my next holster.  Lowes also sells the T-Nuts and screws and washers and they are just around the corner from me.  Also there is no shipping charge or wait time if I go to Lowes.