Sign in to follow this  
Bananaman

Adler 268-273 accessories , where to buy?

Hi 

I am new in leather work and I just purchased Adler 268-273 dual needle post bed . It is very old but still going. Clutch motor will be swapped for Servo for sure. I will use it as double and a single needle setup but I have problem to find accessories supplier in Australia or anywhere else. I am after presser foots for single needle setup as matter of urgency. Any suggestions ! 

cheers

I haven´t yet touched a 2 needle post bed machine but I´m pretty sure you have to stick to your setup and cannot use singe needle feet because  none of the needles is centered on the needle bar and the needle hole in the feed dog is also not centered (meaning in line with the foot bars + needle bar). You can remove the left or right needle and use the machine as single needle machine but thats almost it I´d say. You may (or may not ) find so called gauge sets for your post bed machine for using different needle spaces but expect high $ ($$$$$$$$$$$$$) prices and you have to change a lot of setting (f.i. moving the left and right posts - if that is possible at all). Even when you change the entire needle bar (to have a centered needle) you will not find single needle throat plates and feed dogs for a double needle machine. You probably can modify the existing foot set or buy a 2nd foot set and modify them for single needle use...

Post bed machines with double needle are very special!

Just my thoughts...

EDIT:

Maybe KHSEW.com has something... not sure what exactly fits thew 268

https://www.khsew.com

Edited by Constabulary

(it would be offset so you keep your current feed dog & needlebar)Tennessee Attachment here in the US can make a single foot but they would need to know your needle spacing,you could make your own by buying an extra set of double needle feet & cutting off one side.

Edited by CowboyBob

5 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

(it would be offset so you keep your current feed dog & needlebar)Tennessee Attachment here in the US can make a single foot but they would need to know your needle spacing,you could make your own by buying an extra set of double needle feet & cutting off one side.

Interesting approach, thank you.

Thank you Const for time and explanation. It looks like I have to buy single needle machine as well. :-)

Kwok Hing in China makes a few feet for it. Not sure if they make anything else.  Only other source is Durkopp  Adler.

glenn