DelNeroDesigns

How do I mount a Singer Treadle clutch?

Hi everyone,

I need help figuring out how to mount a 4 pulley clutch on my Singer Treadle Base. I Googled all the terms I thought would call up a image to help me but I am at a loss.

Is there anyone out there that is familiar with old Singer Treadles that can advise me?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Bryn Tarr

CostumeBiz

IMG_0432_72.jpg

IMG_0433_72.jpg

IMG_0435_72.jpg

Clutch goes under the table but theses separate clutches are for a permanent running motor drive not for treadle drive, you do not need a clutch when you treadle.

So either do away the clutch and run the machine with a modern servo motor or if you want to use the shown clutch then mount the treadle stand on a wooden frame or wooden board where you can mount the permanent running motor.

This is how a permanent running motor + separate clutch set up would look like.

clutch.jpg

Edited by Constabulary

Some more pictures of a vintage setup (not mine) with separate clutch and permanent motor - sorry no better pictures.

1066977796_wrt(3).thumb.JPG.b93272c181f47b40668e5f114c1fa661.JPG

379358970_wrt(2).thumb.JPG.65b70e43e2ea0cb90b46996910961c47.JPG

112359485_wrt(1).thumb.JPG.c04a195bfa73bc7d6ad61687543d4ccc.JPG

I run a Singer 31K47 with a permanent running motor and a similar clutch set up.

As Constabulary said, the clutch goes under the table with the large pulley in line with the pulley on the machine, then set your motor up in line with the middle pulley of the clutch.

Sadly I have not found any manuals or instructions for these units. I have found very little that is useful in setting them up or using them.

Bert.