Eagle46527

Handmade sheath for handmade knife

Saw a nice tutorial for this back stitched sheath, on another forum. Didn't have a knife to build one for, so I built a knife, then crafted the sheath. Then crafted a second sheath for it the next day.

20201009_182809.jpg

20201004_214507.jpg

Making a sheath for the sake of a knife lots of us have done, but I reckon not many have made a knife for the sake of a sheath!  :thumbsup:

Nice job all the way around.

Good stuff!

Good job. I have made a few knives but I have only made one sheath and it was from a kit.

I plan on making one from scratch soon.

Keep up the good work.

5 hours ago, flintbone said:

I plan on making one from scratch soon.

Be careful...It's addicting. As a new knife-maker a few years back, I learned from a Good Friend and Kentucky Knife-maker Daryl Hibben,  that NO knife is complete until it has an individual, custom made and fitted leather sheath of equal quality to the knife to go with it.  I got hooked and now do more leather work than knife making.

Excellent work on both the knife and sheath.  Your second try truly hit the mark.

On 11/1/2020 at 1:41 AM, AzShooter said:

Excellent work on both the knife and sheath.  Your second try truly hit the mark.

Thank you for the compliment.

I've made many sheaths over the past few months, but had yet to make a back-stitched sheath. The second sheath made for this knife was because I, mainly wanted a sheath I could comfortably wear without worrying about losing the knife. The knife and second sheath have become EDC for me... makes a decent all-around work knife.

AATW !