Avant1

Replacement buckle with screw-in bar?

Hey all. I have looked everywhere and cannot believe that I am the only one to ask for such a thing so I must be failing at google.

I am looking for a 1"/25mm center bar buckle which screws on....meaning I am replacing a broken buckle but do not have access to the keeper rivets so I want one that screws in just like a watch buckle but in a center-bar configuration. Make sense?

Does anyone have any leads on this?

Thanks!

So the buckle has a piece of leather wrapped around it and that is riveted to the item. in some way that prevents you from accessing the rivets?
It depends on the item but if it's valuable and there is money in the job deconstruction may be the only way to do it right. 
Outside of that you may have to modify an existing buckle and create what you need to solve the problem.

I appreciate the response. There is no money in the repair, it is a simple return to functionality fix. I really cannot believe that no one makes something like this, I would think it would be a fairly common request.

I have a vague recollection of seeing some half buckles like this, but not a Scooby where it was. Certainly you can get handbag loops in this style so the idea is out there. At a guess I'd say that such a buckle wouldn't be very strong.

On 10/28/2020 at 9:32 PM, Matt S said:

I have a vague recollection of seeing some half buckles like this, but not a Scooby where it was. Certainly you can get handbag loops in this style so the idea is out there. At a guess I'd say that such a buckle wouldn't be very strong.

You'll have to help them with the witches, @Matt S

Witches - witches spells - Bow bells. The classic definition of a cockney is to be born within hearing of the bells of Bow Church.

A Scoobie's? Scoobie Doo - clue. Correctly done, because the cartoon series is about hunting clues down. It's the hidden indicator of a real cockney, there's always a backchat second meaning. That's contextual, so with Halloween Sabbath falling on Shabbat, Saturday, tomorrow, most appropriate.

wth, I'll indulge myself. Made up on the fly.

Got into a pumpkin last night. You should've seen the other guy. Pumpkin light=fight. Hidden, my face is puffy.

Edited by Rahere

On 10/28/2020 at 9:32 PM, Matt S said:

I think Batchelors may have stocked them. They unscrewed.

If there's no other solution, try chicago screws for the rivets. Prym setting kits are cheap, though, if not the best for finish. Green Machine presses are wirth the £40 orvso.

1 hour ago, Rahere said:

You'll have to help them with the witches,

Witches brew - clue.

Re; The buckle. Depending on the strength needed, I know Batchelors do some really heavy duty ones. Maybe if you cut the down side of the perimeter next to the bar you can slide it over the end of the belt and still have enough strength in the top piece with little chance of it falling off especially if it's worn.

IMG_20201030_141029__01.jpg

Edited by toxo

I will have Butchers to see if i can find some.

Edited by jcuk

14 minutes ago, jcuk said:

I will have Butchers to see if i can find some.

Ah well my turn to translate I reckon: butcher's hook = look. A hidden/second meaning could be to catch the right thing.

These repair buckles with the screw-in pins must exist, I can't Adam that there's no demand for them. Of course if there's some obvious other name that I've not tried searching, I'm going to look a right Brad.

31 minutes ago, Matt S said:

Ah well my turn to translate I reckon: butcher's hook = look. A hidden/second meaning could be to catch the right thing.

These repair buckles with the screw-in pins must exist, I can't Adam that there's no demand for them. Of course if there's some obvious other name that I've not tried searching, I'm going to look a right Brad.

yes you know

I also can't Adam and Eve = believe there's no demand too 

These buckles do exist and are called repair buckles. I have used them to fix nylon halters that don't come apart. This picture is from the Harness Hardware catalog (Ontario, Canada). 

Repair Buckle.jpg

7 hours ago, BriBur said:

These buckles do exist and are called repair buckles. I have used them to fix nylon halters that don't come apart. This picture is from the Harness Hardware catalog (Ontario, Canada). 

Repair Buckle.jpg

We've used repair snaps for nylon halters but I hadn't seen repair buckles.  Aaron Martin also has repair type heel bar buckles in 3/4" and 1."   Good info.