Sign in to follow this  
MtlBiker

Consew RB206-5 Presser Feet?

I got a demo (probably used more than the dealer let on) Consew RB206-5 and I've been learning how to use it.  The presser feet the machine came with are smooth on the bottom.  Does anyone know if that's what a new machine comes with, or do the feet have serrations/teeth at the bottom?

Anyway, I bought a set of presser feet from Amazon and I'm trying to install a set that is somewhat narrower and that has the serrations at the bottom.  I'm not quite understanding how they should be adjusted.  The manual isn't a lot of help on this (especially with the poor photocopied graphics)...  At least with a needle, you insert it until it stops, but that doesn't seem to be the same with the feet.  It looks like the outer foot (is that what I should call it?) only has one position/height that it fits at, but the inner foot seems to be moveable up and down on the shaft.  How should that initially be set?  With the lifter foot up, down, or what?  And should the bottom of both feet be level?

With the original feet my stitch tension seemed to be correct (newbie saying that), and with the feet I just installed, it looks like the lower tension is too strong and the upper thread is being pulled to the bottom.  Do different presser feet require different thread tensions (for the same material) or did I do something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Consew 206 uses Singer feet.  A lot of feet are available.

glenn

The inside foot bar should have a narrow bottom area that the inside foot slides up onto. The foot should go all the way up until it hits the wide area and be locked in position with the set screw. If the feet were cast properly, the lift of each foot should match as they alternate up and down. Ideally, the inside foot should make contact with the feed dog at the moment the tip of the needle reaches that spot. If things are not matching up and you aren't getting the same amount of alternating lift from these feet, consult the manual for adjusting the motion timing of the inside foot. Or, buy another set of feet and see if they work better. If so, send the first set back.

25 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

The inside foot bar should have a narrow bottom area that the inside foot slides up onto. The foot should go all the way up until it hits the wide area and be locked in position with the set screw. If the feet were cast properly, the lift of each foot should match as they alternate up and down. Ideally, the inside foot should make contact with the feed dog at the moment the tip of the needle reaches that spot. If things are not matching up and you aren't getting the same amount of alternating lift from these feet, consult the manual for adjusting the motion timing of the inside foot. Or, buy another set of feet and see if they work better. If so, send the first set back.

Thanks very much! 

The brand, Kunpeng, bought through Amazon had fairly good reviews, but obviously I don't know if the castings were accurate.  I'll take a closer look at it tonight when I get home.  There did seem to be a sort of ring around the inside foot post and the original foot didn't go up to it by maybe 1/8".  This foot goes up higher. 

I guess there's no reason why changing the foot would change the thread tension?

8 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

There did seem to be a sort of ring around the inside foot post and the original foot didn't go up to it by maybe 1/8".  This foot goes up higher. 

I guess there's no reason why changing the foot would change the thread tension?

The inner foot need to go all the way up to the stop. This should yield equal lift and pressure on both feet. If your machine has a separate adjuster for a spring on the inside foot, use it to get the right pressure.

On 11/12/2020 at 8:28 AM, MtlBiker said:

The brand, Kunpeng, bought through Amazon had fairly good reviews, but obviously I don't know if the castings were accurate.  

I can assure you the castings of cheap feet are not accurate half the time - I literally buy two sets and throw out the worst.   Heights will vary all over the place as well.