kgg

Some of my new toys

I went down the rabbit hole with making life a little easier / more convenient by adding a few attachments to my machines, Juki 1541S, Juki 1181n, Chinese patcher, Consew 223, Pfaff 1245 and my most recent machine, a Kobe 1341. Went to buy a Juki 1341 but had a little bit of a hard time justifying the price so I said I'd give the Kobe a shot and if I didn't like it I would sell the thing. I came home with a Kobe 1341 which really is an old Juki 341 casing. So far it seems to do a decent job. The machine came with a table, servo motor, thread stand, knee lift and foot lift. The way I have them listed is how I rate my machines and at present the Kobe is next in line after the Juki 1181N but time will tell.

Like most cylinder bed machines it needed some additions to make life easier. So me being me and my time is free I designed / built / tested a few attachments. Since I am always misplacing / knocking off the table scissors and losing stuff in the black hole or more commonly known as the sewing machine drawer I had to add a few items. I added:

i) an angle adjustable scissors holder / needle holder/ screw driver / bobbin holder attachment to the top of the machine, photo K3. Holds two bobbins, a screwdriver, one flat of needles and scissors.

ii) a two bobbin holder closer to the cylinder arm, Photo K9.

iii) a small accessory center to the wheel side of the machine photo K5. It holds 9 bobbins, a screwdriver and 6 flats of needles.

iv) what I think is a better three thread spool holder, photo K19.

v)  a 8 " x 8 " table top that installs in under two minutes that is custom fitted to the head and attaches with three screws to the machine. This allows me to use the tape folders from my other machines, photo K18.

I will add the photos in additional posting.

Stay safe,

kgg

vi)  The table top lead me to designing a almost zero resistant binder tape holder with self centering guides that can be utilized as well for cording. The tape holder can accept easily 12 inch coils of 2 inch binding, photo K7, K8. To keep the resistance to a minimum and constant the spool of tape and or cording actually spins on a ball bearing race base rather then the machine dragging the tape around a stationary platform.

The main goal in all the attachments was "No" holes to be drilled in the machine or table top and be quick release.

Any and all comments are welcomed.

k3.jpg

k9.jpg

k5.thumb.jpg.17bd85cfa74f7f1c56e4c28f8d2951c5.jpg

You have been a busy boy. You've got bobbin holders everywhere!:lol: That little table looks neat, is that 3D printed too?

Thanks dikman, don't like to be to far from a bobbin or needle. All my attachments I do 3D print them as it is a great poor mans format for prototyping. As we speak one of the printers is doing a new anti- vibration adjuster for the little table to prevent any possible vibration being transferred back into the machine. The front support on the table is really a waste and not necessary but just in case I put more then twenty pounds downward pressure.  Next week I am planning on starting two new projects. One is for a full size table similar to the little one but quicker to install and the top will be made out of HDPE with the support structure being 3d printed. I know I'm impatient, the goal with the new version is to cut the install time down. The other one is going to be a left foot operated reverse gizmo.

kgg

Very cool additions!  

Thanks DonInReno. Each of my machines have a different main purpose so they get dolled up slightly different but with similar attachments. The main attachment that goes on all the machines is a hands free bobbin winder attachment that automatically cuts the end of the bobbin thread during the winding of the bobbin. One version is on this machine as well. It really is a simple gizmo. Notice the thread from the bobbin that is on the winder to the little sewing center on the side of the machine.

kgg

Wow!  You've been busy!  It all looks so professional and well-organized.  I wish I had the time, knowledge and equipment to do stuff like that.  Kudos to you!

My own organization at my sewing machines is simply a couple of rare earth magnets that hold my small scissors and tweezers.  I keep my bobbins in the drawer.

Cheers!

Thanks MtlBiker. I am terrible with using the drawer and on the last two machines I never even bother too install them or the thread spools. My experience is the drawer has a tendency to grow stuff to over flowing and when I want something it seems to magically disappear into a black hole. So for me it came down to what I use the most and where. Work area: Snips/Scissors, Needles, little screwdriver for bobbin tension and needle replacement, bobbins always need to be at the ready and close at hand. Storage area for me is at the wheel side of the machine so I need thread for the machine and bobbin, bobbins, needles, and depending on the machine a place to store larger scissors / pinking shears. Tape folders / binders need to be kept with the binder tape spool platter while small nuts, screws etc. I keep in a wall mounted small storage tray unit.

kgg