Hooksetz

Juki 1541 needles

Been using a Boss for years, bought a nice used 1541, been running round point 135x17, I found some 135x16, 140 size 22...is this the biggest? What would be the biggest needle I can run in this machine? I have searched here, looked at the manual, and googled, but I guess not understanding what all the numbers on the needles mean is a hinderance... I would like to run a 138 nylon thread, and should I run the same size in the bobbin? Or a size smaller?

The Juki DNU-1541 is rated V138 top and bobbin and metric sized 180 needle or a #24 US needle. Depending what you are sewing it could take V207 top but you may find you would have to use V138 in the bobbin. I run V138 top and bobbin with no problems in both my Juki DNU-1541S and Juki DU-1181N.

kgg

Thank yall much, I reckon I am on the hunt for 180, in the 135x16s...too many dang numbers in these needles for my feeble mind to grasp...lol..but I will get it down...