Sign in to follow this  
Starwind0

Techsew 2750 pro binding issue

https://imgur.com/a/QaKNYGP

Using the largest needle and thread allowed, so 210 thread and 135x17 Walking Foot Industrial Sewing Needle Size 24

I have taken the thing apart, and I had this issue all through this project but last bobbin had no issues at all, the one before I bent 3 needles... I reviewed the basics for this machine and watched their tutorials.. but I must be doing something wrong when I loaded the thread? More likely the thread not to spec (I probably got it off alibaba) and is too big... but I have a LOT of it.. 

If the thread is too big can I mix and match the sizes, so I can have the same appearance of the thread? I am in the middle of a very large 200 dollar in Badalassi Carlo leather bag project... Not having a great time as its causing my final product to have lots of extra blemishes. 

Also I never realize my bobbin is empty. and I end up having a lot of blemishes from resewing sections as well. How can I do this better? 

Thanks! 

Edited by Starwind0

You have to install the needle / throat plate otherwise it will never work. If the thread still keeps hanging on the bobbin case opener you have to adjust it.

This videos by LW member UWE should give you an idea

Edited by Constabulary

4 hours ago, Starwind0 said:

Using the largest needle and thread allowed, so 210 thread and 135x17 Walking Foot Industrial Sewing Needle Size 24

My take on things without knowing what the thickness you are trying to sewing:

1) A size 24 needle for T210 (V207) is probably good for softer or thinner material.

2) You may have to move to a size 25 needle to give your thread enough clearance in the material so it doesn't get slightly stuck in thicker heavier material.

3) If you are limited to a max needle size of 24 then you are probably limited to T135 (V138 ) in thicker heavier material.

4) A 135 X 17 needle is meant for fabric so you should change to a 135 X 16 needle for leather and retry.

5) You should check with Techsew as whether the bobbin is capable of taking T210 (V207) particularly when used with T210 (V207) on the top , if not you may have to use T210 (V207) on top and T135 (V138) in the bobbin

6) You may have to ease back on the presser foot tension slightly or change the feet to reduce the blemishes

7) Try a different spool of thread. Sometimes problems can be related to poorer quality thread particularly the smaller 8 oz spools from China. If that doesn't work buy some good quality thread from a company like American & Efird

4 hours ago, Starwind0 said:

Also I never realize my bobbin is empty.

Knowing how much thread you have left just comes from experience. What I find works for me is loading enough bobbins for a project and putting a freshly loaded bobbin in before starting a project. Also it eliminates the thread in the bobbin from developing a "coil" memory from being left to long on the bobbin before being used.

3 hours ago, Constabulary said:

You have to install the needle / throat plate otherwise it will never work.

Totally agree.

Just some considerations,

kgg

All good advice.

Are you sure your thread is feeding off the bobbin correctly? In the right direction?

And it wouldn't hurt to make sure the hook is timed correctly to meet the scarf.

Regards,

Arturo

22 hours ago, Constabulary said:

You have to install the needle / throat plate otherwise it will never work. If the thread still keeps hanging on the bobbin case opener you have to adjust it.

This videos by LW member UWE should give you an idea

Thanks, that made me realize that the plate did more. I did not notice that metal tab that holds the cage in place, now its working again! I must have messed it up months ago (yeah its been 6 month haven't finished this project). Was able to get a lot  done today!