Sign in to follow this  
leatherworker

Introduction

Hi. i'm new here and new to leatherworking as well. i have only been doing for almost a month, but my dad and my grandmother used to do it when he was younger.

i have a TON of supplies. i have been wanting to use leather templates so bad, but i don't know how to do it!!!!

i have a wildlife template pak and also a few others. can anyone tell me how to use them???? or maybe give me a link with good instructions. i am desperate to learn how to use these!

thanks so much.

take care

They are used to transfer the pattern to your project after it has been cased. There should be instructions on casing leatherin every book you have on leather crafting unless you inheirted all the supplies and no instructions . You need to dampen the leather and let it sit untill it starts returning to its nateral color and then lay the craftaid on the leather and rub it with some thing flat snd you will have a pattern to follow with your knife

There are a couple of books you may find useful. This is a link to the Tandy leather factory website.

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/products.asp?dept=63

If you want to do figure carving there are three books I would reccommend. All them are by Al Stolman.

Figure Carving

Pictorial Carving Finesse

Figure Carving Finesse

I also found this to be an instructive website.

http://www.btinternet.com/~kingsmerecrafts/Contents.html

Amy

Thats great, keep at it. The more you do the betteryou will get.

:thumbsup: