Nalyappa

Class 29-18 patch sewing machine

Hi everyone, I'm in need of assistance in locate information in video form on the operation of the Class 29-18 patch sewing machine, I have noticed instructional videos on utube showing thread and bobbin attention but cannot find any videos showing the machine in operation with particular attention to the intended design application, work (project) types and a thorough demonstration of the unique capabilities of the rotating head. I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of this machine (COBRA) within 6-8 weeks and would like to hit the ground running, the supplier is not aware of any video info. is there anyone in this community who may be able to point me in the right direction?  Patrick.   

like these - or look for Videos "sewing patches onto xxx" or similar:

Min 2:25 onward

Edited by Constabulary

Or follow this lead, please note only small differences in most of the 29 versions but the 18 is a very old model

(8) singer 29 patcher in operation - YouTube

you can find the full list of the various version differences here

Comprehensive Singer Sewing Machine Model List Classes 1-99 (ismacs.net)

Edited by chrisash

Thank’s, this was very helpfully  :)

On 3/21/2021 at 9:56 PM, Nalyappa said:

Hi everyone, I'm in need of assistance in locate information in video form on the operation of the Class 29-18 patch sewing machine, I have noticed instructional videos on utube showing thread and bobbin attention but cannot find any videos showing the machine in operation with particular attention to the intended design application, work (project) types and a thorough demonstration of the unique capabilities of the rotating head. I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of this machine (COBRA) within 6-8 weeks and would like to hit the ground running, the supplier is not aware of any video info. is there anyone in this community who may be able to point me in the right direction?  Patrick.   

There’s nothing online as far as operating a cobra specifically, other than a couple short how too’s by Al Bane. Mine should arrive in the next couple of weeks. I purchased it to use in a YouTube channel I have planned, so I figure I’ll do some setting up, and operating videos too. I’ve searched everywhere but the dark web. I believe I’ve collected everything on video out there, probably not 30 minutes total. Still looking.,

On 3/22/2021 at 4:10 AM, Constabulary said:

I think he means the new made Cobra 29-18 not Singer 29k-18

On 3/21/2021 at 9:56 PM, Nalyappa said:

How long was the wait for your machine. I bought one a week ago. I have other patchers and had a few more in the past, but I feel like a 10 year old kid waiting in Santa for the first time. Took me two months to make a decision. I’ll definitely be making videos, because there’s still nothing out there. I can’t imagine someone with no sewing experience buying a patcher as a first machine. I’m not implying you are, just of the fact there’s really nothing out there to instruct. I will remedy that as good as I can. Thoughts on it? 

I imagine that you’ve gotten your patcher by now and have watched all of the videos on YouTube and elsewhere on how to use your machine? I’m curious as to whether your machine came with any instructions or parts manual? Did your machine have the bobbin winder attachment?

thanks

13 hours ago, PonyEdwards said:

I imagine that you’ve gotten your patcher by now and have watched all of the videos on YouTube and elsewhere on how to use your machine? I’m curious as to whether your machine came with any instructions or parts manual? Did your machine have the bobbin winder attachment?

Garyak posted in a topic "Cobra 29-18" that he just received his new Cobra. He maybe able to answer your questions.

kgg

My 29-18 showed up about a week ago. Surprisingly it had a manual/parts catalog, and a nice, detailed exploded schematics. The only other machine that had a better user manual than this was my Thompson mini walker. Before it arrived I had been searching for anything that had to do with the cobra specifically. I found a whopping minute and a half if watched on slo-mo video dealing with threading the machine. If you were a first time buyer, the manual included would be a better help in getting started than nothing, but If a person had never used a machine before i can see a mental breakdown and a patcher thrown out a window. It did have a bobbin winder and I happy to say, it’s very functional and seems to work better than the afterthought winders on most stitcher. I give the entire purchase from start to finish 5 stars and a heck yeah. 

image.jpg

Edited by Garyak