dragonworks

Pool cue case

Hello been a few hrs since I been on here. Life is busy. I’m looking for any info on pool cue case construction. Not finding to much info anywhere on it. Just wondering if anyone had any potential leads. Thanks for your time.

How many parts to it? You could go one- or two-part, and include a rest, itself in anything up to three-part, with pockers for different pouches...

A one-part might be done as a really long cup, or braided around a liner, but once you start in parts, something like a pancake holster might be coherent, leading right up to a form of briefcase - not unlike a weapons case!

Edited by Rahere

Do you have a photo of what you want to build?  There are old threads on here from Melton and Jason of jb cases is you search.

You can buy interiors from JB if you dont want to fool with tubes.

Scootch

Two layers of 6.7 oz  . . . bonded flesh to flesh . . . seams 180 degrees from each other . . . outside piece sewn along the edges . . . formed as cylinders around a piece of plastic pipe . . .  will make a really nice one.  put a wood plug in the bottom . . . then sew a leather bottom on and a leather top . . . 

Cut both cylinders . . . the inside one about 10 inches from the top . . . the outside one about 14 inches from the top . . . and it makes a nice two piece cue carrier. 

Couple of small ties or buckles will keep them together . . . mount a shoulder to it . . . you're good to go.

I've not made any myself . . . but a buddy showed me how he did them . . . and I was going to try some until I found out how cheap pool shooters are in my area.  

May God bless,

Dwight

I thought about just buying a case and redoing the leather myself. Just looking for info on tips from someone who has done it. But thanks for the replies fellas.

15 hours ago, Rahere said:

How many parts to it? You could go one- or two-part, and include a rest, itself in anything up to three-part, with pockets for different heads...and chalks, and tips, and...

A one-part might be done as a really long cup, or braided around a liner, but once you start in parts, something like a pancake holster might be coherent, leading right up to a form of briefcase - not unlike a weapons case!