Sign in to follow this  
Frodo

credit card slots

I hate them, They are a PITA.  i tried the ribbon thing, NOT impressed. So I went in search of a different way.

I looked at my check book cover that came with my checks. No help. then my wife handed me an insert from a n old bilfold

It has the slots but you insert the card from the side. not the top. so i looked around and did not find any inserts for a top load, only side load. 

So with a dab of my glue. I made top loads

image on the left  is after adding a little glue to the bottom of each sleeve.  The insert is a 6 card insert. you lose a slot when you use my idea and get a 5 slot

002.JPG.d6cc71c6d16a47ac7ebc917524ce9a08.JPG

I've been saving my old credit cards, old drivers licences  etc. they make good templates. I also have piece of ' credit card shaped' perspex  with a handle, approx 3-4mm thick,  that I use 'open up' the slots straight after I have finished making a wallet etc. The cards slip in just perfectly

Just a thought .

HS

* "There's probably more science supporting wearing garlic....."

Eat enough garlic, people stay well away from you, good for social distancing I thought.........pickled chili's are worse   :) :)

Edited by Handstitched

2 hours ago, Handstitched said:

I've been saving my old credit cards, old drivers licences  etc. they make good templates. I also have piece of ' credit card shaped' perspex  with a handle, approx 3-4mm thick,  that I use 'open up' the slots straight after I have finished making a wallet etc. The cards slip in just perfectly

Just a thought .

HS

* "There's probably more science supporting wearing garlic....."

Eat enough garlic, people stay well away from you, good for social distancing I thought.........pickled chili's are worse   :) :)

:NEWFUNNYPOST::lol: try the customer service counter at wally world, they have gift card blanks and the girl did not care how many i grabbed

excellent!