327fed

Juki LU 562

A friend has a Juki LU 562 in absolutely pristine shape with table and clutch motor. I have my well worn Consew 225 with clutch motor and speed reducer. Other than reverse and like new condition, would I gain any capacity buying the Juki?

13 hours ago, 327fed said:

A friend has a Juki LU 562 in absolutely pristine shape with table and clutch motor. I have my well worn Consew 225 with clutch motor and speed reducer. Other than reverse and like new condition, would I gain any capacity buying the Juki?

It won't sew any higher or use heavier thread. But, it does have reverse. The bobbins are the same size G. Both machines are clones of the venerable Singer 111w155.

There was a Juki LU-563 that had a larger double capacity bobbin and reverse. That would be an upgrade for you.

The reverse function may need to be tweaked to get the stitches to line up in fwd and rev.

Thanks.

It does give you the option for having both set up with different size threads to make life easier, if your lucky one may even stretch up to size 207 thread or just top and 92 on bobbin

17 hours ago, chrisash said:

It does give you the option for having both set up with different size threads to make life easier, if your lucky one may even stretch up to size 207 thread or just top and 92 on bobbin

chrisash is right on - You can't have too many machines .......