Folder sheath. Tons of fun to make got the shape from a catalpa leaf 

86550745-159B-43A0-8A2A-EA0A22A8668D.jpeg

543647F0-1301-4E4A-A57E-2E38CE4C3FAD.jpeg

Those inside curves are a beast to keep a clean edge on when cutting out with just a blade.  Stitching looks pretty good.  Thanks for sharing.  Also love the backdrops.  

3 hours ago, PastorBob said:

Those inside curves are a beast to keep a clean edge on when cutting out with just a blade.  Stitching looks pretty good.  Thanks for sharing.  Also love the backdrops.  

Thank you that was my first one and the curves were trying but ive made a few more just need to exercise my patience.  i used a catalpa tree leaf for the shape wanted to carve all the lines in but wasnt in the cards lol

I'm pretty interested in seeing how you finished the rivet the way you do. Do you have any close ups and would you mind detailing what you do to get them clean and hexagonal? What type of rivets are they, just typical bit and burr?

On 10/22/2021 at 11:50 AM, battlemunky said:

I'm pretty interested in seeing how you finished the rivet the way you do. Do you have any close ups and would you mind detailing what you do to get them clean and hexagonal? What type of rivets are they, just typical bit and burr?

Sorry for the late reply. Those are snap rivets I found in the clearance bin at tandy leather. I wore it for 2 weeks before I put it out there they’ve held up pretty good. I’ve since switched to hand hammered copper rivets. Gives it a more rustic look and I don’t worry about them popping off

On 10/22/2021 at 7:25 AM, PastorBob said:

I’m lucky enough to live in a town with a covered bridge. There’s some great old condemned factory’s to  

Maybe a Dremel with a small sanding drum and fine paper would help smooth out some of those curves.:yes: