howardb

Midwest spring show 2009

We head out this afternoon to overnight in Charlotte before our a.m. flight to O'Hare. See you there!

Well, I WAS planning on coming Saturday, but we're having to re-roof our home, and it's taking a lot longer than planned, and costing WAAAAAY more than planned so, oh well. I'll just have to make plans for the Columbus show this fall.

:sign23:

I'm not promising anything spectacular, but I've got a little Sony Handycam and I intend to upload some video from the show... I'll take regular pics like always of the displays and competition pieces. Maybe Jim or George or Allan or someone will let me film all or part of a workshop? Maybe Jerry from Artisan can demonstrate a Toro for you sewing machine junkies?

I am just upset. Nylon camera bag (made in China). Nylon laptop case (Made in Thaiwan). Penneys purse made out of plastic....aaarrrggghhh I mean, here I am, knowing the bestest leatherworkers in the world, and this is embarassing! Now, no more suggestions that I get my butt into the shop and make something- ain't gonna happen. You guys are gonna have to trust my credit and set up payment plans for me so I can go around leather land not looking like a tourist. I know what I want- I just can't afford you. *sigh...

Johanna

So... tell us which models and what accessories need to go in the bags... I can make ya a li'l something for your small camera. Who knows what some of these generous souls would send you. Leatherworker is one of the most important resources in leathework right now (IMHO).

Well, I WAS planning on coming Saturday, but we're having to re-roof our home, and it's taking a lot longer than planned, and costing WAAAAAY more than planned so, oh well. I'll just have to make plans for the Columbus show this fall.

Hilly - If you go to columbus, they will look at you funny. :eusa_naughty: That was last year's show. 2009's IFOLG show will be in Indianapolis IN. 2010 is in St. Louis, MO. It wanders around! :cheers: I'd hate for you to miss the fun!

Regards,

Brent

Hilly - If you go to columbus, they will look at you funny. :eusa_naughty: That was last year's show. 2009's IFOLG show will be in Indianapolis IN. 2010 is in St. Louis, MO. It wanders around! :cheers: I'd hate for you to miss the fun!

Regards,

Brent

Thanks, Brent. Guess if I went to Columbus, I'd look at me funny, too! Indianapolis sounds even better than Columbus, anyway! MUCH closer for me. Still not nearly as close as the one in Illinois....