Being creative with leather does give us quite an appetite .I'm also creative with food.  So, I have a  pizza oven /BBQ/combo thingy. 

Just a heads up, I have used it as a regular BBQ ,( and the odd pizza, they tasted good)  however , you need to be prepared to spend two days taking it apart and cleaning all the greasy gunk .  After doing just that , I've decided that I'm only going to use it purely as a pizza oven, and for bread etc. and not as a BBQ .  But there are zero reviews , and just about zero info about how to bake bread on this particular oven, or something close to it.   . Perhaps thats a polite way of saying " its crap" ? :blush:    Anyone else have one of these? Have you cooked bread on it? 

The only info I have is the assembly instructions. Baking bread , cakes etc. is easy in a regular oven, not sure about this.  I may have to just wing it, burn some food and learn from it. 

Thanks  :)

HS

Pizza BBQ Combo pic.jpg

Edited by fredk

Nope I don't have that piece of crap but I cook pizza in our regular charcoal grill. it comes out nice and smoky flavored awesomness. I have a decent one that has a coal shelf that can lower the charcoal down about 14 " below the  grill surface making it an oven more or less. I then just use a cookie sheet to hold the pizza.

I have also baked breads on a wood stove. you take about four beer cans and cut the bottoms off about an inch, use these discs to set your bread pan on so the bottom doesn't touch and burn then turn a large pan,, we use a pretty good size wash tub 24" over the top as the oven. i have also cooked bread in a Dutch oven as well as just wrapping it around a stick over an open fire.

i cook alot outside. 

1 hour ago, Handstitched said:

Being creative with leather does give us quite an appetite .I'm also creative with food.  So, I have a  pizza oven /BBQ/combo thingy. 

Just a heads up, I have used it as a regular BBQ ,( and the odd pizza, they tasted good)  however , you need to be prepared to spend two days taking it apart and cleaning all the greasy gunk .  After doing just that , I've decided that I'm only going to use it purely as a pizza oven, and for bread etc. and not as a BBQ .  But there are zero reviews , and just about zero info about how to bake bread on this particular oven, or something close to it.   . Perhaps thats a polite way of saying " its crap" ? :blush:    Anyone else have one of these? Have you cooked bread on it? 

The only info I have is the assembly instructions. Baking bread , cakes etc. is easy in a regular oven, not sure about this.  I may have to just wing it, burn some food and learn from it. 

Thanks  :)

HS

Pizza BBQ Combo pic.jpg

all it is as a big box that holds hot air, make sure the temp gauge is correct and there are no drafts or holes in the thing. this concept dates back to wood burning stoves they used to make these small tin ovens that would set on top pretty much just like this.

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

Nope I don't have that piece of crap

I love your honesty , thank you  :)  I've done the occasional pizza on it  that turned out  good.  If I can just get the temps right for bread.  I'll just wing it. 

I am  quite a dab hand at doing Pork ( amongst other chunks of meat)  on the weber  though. Got it down to a fine art.  I'm not bad at  spit roasts either . I love cooking outside too , makes the neighbors jealous  :) :)  

I still have my ' ye olde' 4 banger burner BBQ, got it around 94-95-ish , still works sweet. 

HS

3 minutes ago, Handstitched said:

I love your honesty , thank you  :)  I've done the occasional pizza on it  that turned out  good.  If I can just get the temps right for bread.  I'll just wing it. 

I am  quite a dab hand at doing Pork ( amongst other chunks of meat)  on the weber  though. Got it down to a fine art.  I'm not bad at  spit roasts either . I love cooking outside too , makes the neighbors jealous  :) :)  

I still have my ' ye olde' 4 banger burner BBQ, got it around 94-95-ish , still works sweet. 

HS

You need a smoker friend  that really drives the neighbors crazy. lol. homemade bacon is the bomb i make it from the butt roast. I also make all our sausages and such, smoked fish, corned elk. smoked cheeses.  But i can cook most anything, mom taught me mostly, was a cook for a short bit too mainly learned because i just like good tasting grub!

17 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

You need a smoker friend  that really drives the neighbors crazy.

I have one. But its been in the box for the last 12 months. Time flies...... 'bout time I put it together .  I just chuck on  heaps of wood chips , apple,  hickory , maple whatever on the weber. Yep, same here, good 'ol Mum taught me heaps . 

23 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

i just like good tasting grub!

Hear hear...and everything goes well with beer:cheers:  

HS

4 hours ago, Handstitched said:

Hear hear...and everything goes well with beer:cheers:  

HS

i was making my own beer for a while too but i couldn't keep up with myself. 

Your pizza oven/BBQ combo sounds like a unique setup! It's good to know that you've enjoyed making pizzas with it. Cleaning up can be a bit of a chore, but it seems like you've found your groove with using it primarily for pizzas and bread.
As for baking bread in it, experimenting and learning from it sounds like a fun culinary adventure. Sometimes, trying out different techniques and recipes is the best way to discover what works best for your setup.
If you're looking for all-natural ingredients for your bread-making and other culinary experiments, you might want to check out this all natural food seller. They offer a variety of natural and organic products that could add a wholesome touch to your creations.

Edited by Goldexon

I've got this pizza oven/BBQ combo thingy, and let me tell you, the cleanup after using it as a BBQ is like embarking on a two-day greasy adventure. After the ordeal, I've decided to stick to using it solely for pizza and bread – fingers crossed for no more BBQ disasters. But here's the kicker: I'm kinda clueless about baking bread on this contraption. Zero reviews, zero info – it's like a mystery oven. Any fellow pizza oven explorers out there? I'm about to wing it, burn a few things, and hopefully, learn from the chaos. Has anyone here ever tried making korean corn dogs? They're my latest culinary obsession, and I'm low-key considering experimenting with them in this mysterious oven of mine.

Edited by JohnJohnson

13 hours ago, JohnJohnson said:

I've got this pizza oven/BBQ combo thingy, and let me tell you, the cleanup after using it as a BBQ is like embarking on a two-day greasy adventure.

After using mine as a barby a few times , I had to strip the whole thing down  to clean it ( its that red thing I posted earlier, above) What a f*ing nightmare !!! Up to my a....se in grease !! They are never to be used as a BBQ , and I never will again. Its going into the shed soon, I've hardly ever used it as a pizza oven, perhaps once or twice , and I could never get the temperature right and pretty much burn the damn pizza. Into the shed it goes and stays.  I went back to using my ol' faithful barby  that I bought back in the 90's , all cast iron plates and burners, looks rough now, and not too many years left in it ,  but does a dam good steak  :) 

HS

Edited by Handstitched

I've never seen a pizza oven bbq but i have cooked pizza on my bbq, bread on an open fire in Dutch ovens and on a wood fired fire  barrel stove with just a dish pan for the oven. its all pretty much the same get it hot first then put in the bread. My bbq has a deep fire box and is adjustable so i can raise or lower the coals. When baking i drop the coals as far down as possible so only the hot air bakes the bread.

BBQ baked pizza is the awesomest pizza ever my son says. I do too. the added smoke flavor is just amazing.

I have been seeing all these ads over the holiday about a solo stove, open top thing, supposed to be smokeless. There is a version with a pizza slot that’s supposed to cook a pizza in 90 seconds. I don’t think a hydrogen bomb could cook a pizza in 90 seconds. 

1 hour ago, 327fed said:

There is a version with a pizza slot that’s supposed to cook a pizza in 90 seconds. I don’t think a hydrogen bomb could cook a pizza in 90 seconds. 

I think theres also ' pizza vending machines' :rolleyes: What will they think of next?  I have this simple box  in my kitchen with knobs on, its called an oven  LOL , but hardly ' portable'   :)

On a foodie program here in Oz I was watching( love cooking shows) , it was in Japan, a bloke in a local park , ( for the Cherry Festival I think)  he  had   takeaway food in a container. He pulled out a cord from the side, and it automatically heat the food up inside the container...wha....?  It was ribs and rice from memory , with a sachet of soy sauce. The technology may be similar to heat packs like those used in hospitals , camping  etc. :dunno: Look damn tasty  too ! 

HS 

9 hours ago, Handstitched said:

I think theres also ' pizza vending machines' :rolleyes: What will they think of next?  I have this simple box  in my kitchen with knobs on, its called an oven  LOL , but hardly ' portable'   :)

On a foodie program here in Oz I was watching( love cooking shows) , it was in Japan, a bloke in a local park , ( for the Cherry Festival I think)  he  had   takeaway food in a container. He pulled out a cord from the side, and it automatically heat the food up inside the container...wha....?  It was ribs and rice from memory , with a sachet of soy sauce. The technology may be similar to heat packs like those used in hospitals , camping  etc. :dunno: Look damn tasty  too ! 

HS 

have you ever had bread on a stick? hobo bread some call it.  Make your dough roll it into a long piece about afoot long by about an inch round wrap it around a nice willow stick and roast it like a marshmallow over an open fire. My dad used to make biscuits, bread rolls not cookies, on his barrel stove . he would cut 1 inch off the bottom off of several beer cans, set them on the stove, place his biscuit pan on top of them so it wasn't setting directly on the stove top them he would cover them in a dish pan  and bake them up. damn fine with some hot country gravy, fried eggs and bacon.

14 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

have you ever had bread on a stick? hobo bread some call it.

I've never heard of that , but it does sound tasty, it also reminds  me of damper, ' bush bread' I call it, just flour & water made into a patty shape-ish  normally cooked on open coals, but best in tin foil. ' Hot country gravy, fried eggs an bacon ', I can imagine combining the two,   OMG :yes:

Heres a few pics of those sausage rolls that I made before Christmas. They are nowhere near as good as my Mothers, she made them perfect shape, but just as yummo . They can be made as big or as small as you like, eaten with any sauce you like. . These are a bit over bite size, but once you're had a few they do fill your belly.  The uncooked ones can be frozen  for later .Thawed, brush with a bit of milk ,  cook at 180c for about 20-30 mins. 

The fruit mince pies were frozen from last year, still tasted great, but leaked a bit. 

HS 

Sausage Rolls 001.jpg

Sausage Rolls 003.jpg

Edited by Handstitched

14 hours ago, Handstitched said:

I've never heard of that , but it does sound tasty, it also reminds  me of damper, ' bush bread' I call it, just flour & water made into a patty shape-ish  normally cooked on open coals, but best in tin foil. ' Hot country gravy, fried eggs an bacon ', I can imagine combining the two,   OMG :yes:

Heres a few pics of those sausage rolls that I made before Christmas. They are nowhere near as good as my Mothers, she made them perfect shape, but just as yummo . They can be made as big or as small as you like, eaten with any sauce you like. . These are a bit over bite size, but once you're had a few they do fill your belly.  The uncooked ones can be frozen  for later .Thawed, brush with a bit of milk ,  cook at 180c for about 20-30 mins. 

The fruit mince pies were frozen from last year, still tasted great, but leaked a bit. 

HS 

Sausage Rolls 001.jpg

Sausage Rolls 003.jpg

now those need to baked on the bbq they look great!!

I built one of  the rocket stoves this month. Partly to prepare for rolling blackouts, partly because many of the utube videos on these made no sense with how fires work. Made it out of heavy 4x4 square tube and channel I had on hand. It is for sure not a backpack stove as it weighs 32 lbs. I made about 10 modifications but now it will boil water or fry bacon in 15 minutes with 2 or 3 coffee cans of very dry twigs. Not sure where you get dry twigs in an ice storm. And most of the utube features did not work in real life. The secret weapon is bacon grease and dryer lint to get the fire started. 

On 12/31/2023 at 8:22 AM, 327fed said:

I built one of  the rocket stoves this month. Partly to prepare for rolling blackouts, partly because many of the utube videos on these made no sense with how fires work. Made it out of heavy 4x4 square tube and channel I had on hand. It is for sure not a backpack stove as it weighs 32 lbs. I made about 10 modifications but now it will boil water or fry bacon in 15 minutes with 2 or 3 coffee cans of very dry twigs. Not sure where you get dry twigs in an ice storm. And most of the utube features did not work in real life. The secret weapon is bacon grease and dryer lint to get the fire started. 

i make the smaller ones out of cans better suited for carrying they are quite fun to play with and use but not nearly as hardy. I like your recipe, i have a bag of cotton balls stuffed with Vaseline in my pack.