Chux

S&W 38 with crimson trace...

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I was contacted online and asked about making a holster for the above mentioned gun. I'm assuming that the laser is mounted on the handgrip (awaiting confirmation of that) and isn't mounted under the barrel. IF that is in fact the case, would I be able to use a regular S&W .38 bodyguard blue gun, or do I NEED one with a c/t??? Personally I'd rather work with the actual gun, but, not that I can blame anyone, alot of people won't just say here's my gun. 

Sorry again if this isn't the right place to ask, and thanks for any help!!

Crimson trace should be on the grip panel. Ask the customer to send pix of his exact model.

Crimson trace only builds lasers for the grip panel if I have been told correctly.

That being the case . . . you only need the model that fits the gun itself.  CT is negligible as far as influencing the holster.

The only thing you may need to do is make a tunnel for it if he is a lefty . . . and make sure the place where the switch is turned on . . . is not contacted by the holster. 

That switch is in the grip panel . . .  out front . . . under the trigger guard . . .  and typically turned on by pressure from the middle finger.

May God bless,

Dwight

8 hours ago, Dwight said:

The only thing you may need to do is make a tunnel for it if he is a lefty

That's a great observation - one I'm sure many didnt consider ;)

If  he has the bodyguard 5-shot, it wont affect the holster at all  (unless there's a thumb break, maybe)

Thank you everyone!! I'm still waiting to hear back from her. If I end up making her one I'll be sure to post a pic in the showoff thread. You guys are beyond helpful!