Hi Everybody,

Here is something I've been wanting to do for a while,,, as soon as I got a "Round 2 IT". Well, here it is,, my Round 2 IT. This was completely inspired by Peter Main's Round Tuit. I hope I've honored Peter with my attempt. Of course I had to put my own twist on things. Eventually, it will be part of a box, as soon as I,,, well you know the rest. hehehe

It's 8 1/2" in Dia. & made out of 10oz WC leather. All the colors are Spirit dye, with the exception of the shadows, which are a water based dye I'm trying out. It was a fun, somewhat challenging project. I hope Ya'll like it. Thanks for looking,,,

round 2 it.jpg

round 2 it 3.jpg

round 2 it 4.jpg

round 2 it 6.jpg

post-7175-125684386121_thumb.jpg

post-7175-12568438805_thumb.jpg

post-7175-125684389898_thumb.jpg

post-7175-125684403673_thumb.jpg

Very nice work ! I espically like the colors on the leaves you achived.

Ed that is just a great piece. The colors are good and the depth and definition on your carve is great!!!! Beautiful work!!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I think that is very clean and amazing

Looks great Ed. I really like your patterns with all the different kinds of leaves in them. Thanks for sharing.

Bearman-

I like the look of the piece. I am imressed by the depth of the leaves, they really pop out.

Great piece.

Fathers Son

That is tremendous Ed! Unbelievable relief and the dye job is terrific! I don't think it gets any better than that. Great photos too BTW!

Bobby

Awesome work Ed. Really got the depth going on there.

Gotta love carving that WC leather.

Ed

with those mauls you should be able to do work like that. LOL

just out standing I now it dosent get better than that.

BTW

I love my maul thank you.

Josh

Ed,

WOW on the relief. The photos are absolutely great. Did I say that they were absolutely great. The selection of various leaves and the dye/colors are outstanding.

Regards,

Ben

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for all the wonderful comments!! I use Spirit dyes for all the color work. As far as the colors I use, that gets a little difficult, as I usually will use about 2 to 3 shades,,, or values of each color. They are all applied with the dry brush method,,, somewhat. As you can tell, I will use different values of a different color, to darken, or change the base color somewhat. I am working on a procedure to get almost "neon" bright colors. Once I get closer, I will share. I can say, that I have a white, that is a Lot more forgiving than the Fiebings, I've used in the past.

As far as the tooling,,, that takes some time to describe,,, but it's not all that difficult. I'll try to post that tomorrow. Some of the depth, is an illusion,,, but it is pretty deep. More tomorrow,,,

Thanks Again,,, Ed the"BearMan"