It has been a while since I have posted anything, been busy on these flight bags. It has been one of those projects that has seemed to take forever.

Two of them are for a husband and wife and the third is for a friend of theirs. It was easier making all three together since they are basically the same.

Two of them have a "little friend" on the inside and all of them have a pocket on one side.

Did I mention that it seemed to take forever?

post-7801-044552200 1291442504_thumb.jpgpost-7801-090490400 1291442532_thumb.jpgpost-7801-056740500 1291442553_thumb.jpgpost-7801-097086300 1291442582_thumb.jpgpost-7801-038037500 1291442602_thumb.jpgpost-7801-035967100 1291442634_thumb.jpgpost-7801-029056400 1291442660_thumb.jpgpost-7801-002689000 1291442682_thumb.jpgpost-7801-035869400 1291442730_thumb.jpgpost-7801-055517700 1291442760_thumb.jpgpost-7801-065536400 1291442795_thumb.jpgpost-7801-093311700 1291442812_thumb.jpgpost-7801-037881600 1291442837_thumb.jpg

beautiful work Casey! i really like everything...the tooling, the finger cuts, the chess piece, even the hanging gallows...

ken

Casey That's wonderful work you do. I just have to ask... Did you hand or machine sew? Your stitch line is right on the mark!

Thanks for posting

Tim

Thanks for the comments Ken & Rik !

Tim - Thanks for the complements ! The zipper, bottom, holsters and the handle tugs are machine sewn. The outside perimeter and the end pieces are all hand sewn. I think I will try to figure out a different bag design so it can be all sewn with my sewing machine. It took awhile to do all the hand sewing - times three.

I will try to get some better pictures in natural light.

Hi Casey

Nice pieces!!! ...bag dimensions?

Your tooling is GREAT and full of ideas!

Martin

These are the flight bags you talked about. Wow, really nice work Casey!

Good to hear from you Martin and thanks for the comments! The bags are 19" long and 10" wide and 10" tall. They are pretty good size and are just the right size to fit in the overhead compartment on the airplane.

The A&S Auction logo and and the artwork on the other side was supplied by the customer.

The "Have Gun Will Travel" bag's artwork was also supplied by the customer. I just had to add all the floral layout around what they wanted. The customer for the third bag just wanted all floral.

If you have any questions on the "ideas" just ask! Infact they gave me a few ideas I want to try out too.

Kings X

Yes, these are the bags I told you about. I finally got them mailed out and on their way to the new owners.

I am very impressed with your work!

I am also surprised that someone could afford something as nice as your bags now days.

I just love the logos that you have tooled in.

Very very nice! :thumbsup:

I am very impressed with your work!

I am also surprised that someone could afford something as nice as your bags now days.

I just love the logos that you have tooled in.

Very very nice! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the complements!

Thank goodness there are people that still have a little money. They are few and far between, but worth the effort to find 'em.:yes:

I'm not into tooled leather so I really never look at it ........ but these pieces are absolutely impressive!

Very nice work.

Beautiful job(s), Casey! :thumbsup: No wonder they felt like they took forever- there's a ton of work there. And they look like there were worth every minute!

Crystal

I'm not into tooled leather so I really never look at it ........ but these pieces are absolutely impressive!

Very nice work.

Thanks Jeeperaz. I'm glad you took the time to look and comment. I appreciate your comments!

Beautiful job(s), Casey! :thumbsup: No wonder they felt like they took forever- there's a ton of work there. And they look like there were worth every minute!

Crystal

Thanks Crystal. Your right there is a lot of work on them. I even took a weeks vacation to work on them.

It was one of those deals where there was always something comming up and making it take longer.

For instance: The last thing to do was to put the conchos on the handles at 7:30 p.m. only to have the screws too short. A quick trip to Ace hardware for longer screws where I bought a box of two different sizes so I wouldn't have to go back. Get back home and one set of conchos was ordered form a different place with different size screws....back to Ace which is now closed, so off to Home Depot. Long story short it took over two hours to put on 12 conchos. Just my luck!