Sign in to follow this  
Don

Introduction

Greetings to all leather heads...

I am so excited to be on a forum with such talent. I own a custom saddle shop in Bryan, TX where I spend every day trying to perfect my craft within a medium that has, at times, a mind all its own. I have been building saddles for only five years or so but have been a leatherhead since I was about 12.

Anyway boring you with my life story is by no means my ultimate goal so thank you again for having me on this forum and I look forward to swapping ideas and tricks with all of you.

websaddle1.JPG

chopper.jpg

Taylor_saddle2.JPG

post-3790-1189425856_thumb.jpg

post-3790-1189425917_thumb.jpg

post-3790-1189425988_thumb.jpg

Wow! EXCELLENT craftsmanship!! Don, glad you could hook up with us! Tim

bootiephull work man !! I hope you have more pictures and look forward to seeing your next project come alive.

Welcome Home Don !

Welcome Don. Looks like you'll be bringing lots of experience to the table. Looking forward to seeing your work and advice.

Regis

[beautiful tooling on the silver saddle! Could you please send more fotos of close-ups and do you draw your own paterns?

pea-aire'

[beautiful tooling on the silver saddle! Could you please send more fotos of close-ups and do you draw your own paterns?

pea-aire'

Yes I do draw all my own tooling patterns. It takes up a lot of time, but I draw new patterns for almost every saddle I build, unless the customer picks out a tool pattern that I already have drawn. But I find it more fun and freeing to just draw new patterns for each job, not to mention it brings a lot of uniqueness to the piece.

Here are some closer pictures of the tooling on the wade from before. This saddle is the Centennial saddle that we built for the 4-H of Texas. This was a very fun saddle to build and it was for a wonderfull organization. The saddle will be given away at the Centennial kickoff in October.

All the silver on this saddle was done for us by Tim Hansen of Hansen Silver in California...wonderful work.

web_cantle_back.JPG

webtooling2.JPG

websaddle4.JPG

post-3790-1189453871_thumb.jpg

post-3790-1189453894_thumb.jpg

post-3790-1189453917_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum Don.

Those are some beautiful saddles you've made, very clean and I love the designs. The bike seat is very nice as well.

Keep up the great work, and post pics...we love pics.

Ken