Sign in to follow this  
Bevan

My Bull and Stock whips

Here's a few pics of a Bull whip and a stock whip that I made with the help of a tutorial DVD I obtained from a master whip maker in Tassie.

For more of my work go to www.bwrwhips.com, have a look.

w bull hand.jpg

nice 1.jpg

DSCF0240.jpg

post-12723-125990646906_thumb.jpg

post-12723-125990648036_thumb.jpg

post-12723-125990654202_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bevan

You have some very handsome whips here. I used to live in the Northen Territory and I must confess an attraction for your stock whips. Lovely pieces!!

Storm

You have some very handsome whips here. I used to live in the Northen Territory and I must confess an attraction for your stock whips. Lovely pieces!!

Storm

Thanks for the kind words Storm , where in the NT were you ? i worked on a cattle station 350km nth west of Alice Springs out on the edge of the Tanami Desert , and use to go fishing on a island called Elcho

Cheers mate

Bevan

Storm

Thanks for the kind words Storm , where in the NT were you ? i worked on a cattle station 350km nth west of Alice Springs out on the edge of the Tanami Desert , and use to go fishing on a island called Elcho

Cheers mate

Bevan

Bevan

No kind words were needed. Those are for people who's work is marginal and you don't want to hurt their feelings. Your work on the other hand is bloody marvelous. 

Storm

G'day Bevan, welcome aboard from a fellow crow eater. I'll be passing thru Renmark in a few weeks on my way to Wagga via the dreaded Hay plains. I think the call of the Renmark hotel might be too great.

Again welcome to LW

Barra

G'day Bevan, welcome aboard from a fellow crow eater. I'll be passing thru Renmark in a few weeks on my way to Wagga via the dreaded Hay plains. I think the call of the Renmark hotel might be too great.

Again welcome to LW

Barra

Sounds good to me mate , i will be heading to melb on the 22nd so if you pass thru here before then give us a bell , 0429866013

I'll be passing thru Renmark around 14-17 Jan. I officially start a new job in Wagga on 11 Jan but the new boss said I could turn up when I want. Gonna ride that pony.

Barra

LOL !!! well best ya get me on the dog and bone and we might beable to fit in a cod fishing trip !!! if not too hot !!! what ya think ?

cheers for now

Tight lines

Codboss

GetAttachment2.jpg

post-12723-126014504936_thumb.jpg

I like your whips man, very nice.

I like your whips man, very nice.

Thanks buddy,

the DVDs that i used were top quality, and made the job go smooth from start to finish.

Cheers

Bevan

Beautiful work. How long does it take to do one? Do you cut your own leather for them?

great work, welcome from geelong, victoria!!!!

Beautiful work. How long does it take to do one? Do you cut your own leather for them?

Gday Grumpy thanks for the kind coments, i cut my own set of strings with the lace cutter i made , then i put it thru a resizer and beveler i also made , if all goes well it might take me about 11hrs or so to make a stock whip , but the bullwhip is much more , i am not sure , i have a few sleeps in between!!i am a metal worker during the day leather worker only at night !!

If you want to have a look at the leather tool i make go to my website

www.bwrwhips.com

and have a look around

Cheers

Bevan

great work, welcome from geelong, victoria!!!!

Thanks for having a look and the comment, i went to your website , whawwww nice masks .

Bevan

Checked out your site. Great tool for beveling and cutting lace.