THein

Tall Horse,,,not So Tall Rider

Long and short of it is, customer has a bigger horse than he can get on easily. He uses the horse for hunting. Anybody ever created a cure for this affliction other than trading off the horse?

Thanks,

Terry

I don't know who makes them, but I know I've seen ads for "drop down" stirrups.

Kevin

I've never looked at any of the "stirrup extenders" that you see from time to time in mail order catalogs but they seem gimmicky and I've never been anywhere that there wasn't a low spot to put the horse or a high spot to put the rider when mounting.

Just my two cents...:)

Josh

Edited by Josh Ashman

I know a guy that made a bunch of "step up stirups" a while back. Not sure if he has any left. They folded down for climbing down and then swung up into a normal style stirup after you were mounted. I will ask him if any are still available.

Aaron

Rope ladder tied to the horn ?? :whistle:

He can Teach the horse to stretch out. i shod walking horses for a bird dog trainers some of them would have thier horses stretch so they could mount. John

I agree with Josh Ashman's statement. There's always something you can use.

When we are in the arena my wife always "needs" a mounting block, or she gets on from the fence.

Funny thing is, when we are up in the mountains she always manages to get on from the ground somehow. Big rocks count as the ground :)

Dan

Edited by dbusarow

Long and short of it is, customer has a bigger horse than he can get on easily. He uses the horse for hunting. Anybody ever created a cure for this affliction other than trading off the horse?

Thanks,

Terry

I know the feeling. I am 5'4". My gelding is 6.1 hands. There is no way i could ever mount him from the ground. I use a 3 step mounting block. But since you will be out in the woods why not teach him to bow. Then you will be able to mount from the ground. This is what i plan on doing.

If you have looked at the stirrups that drop down it just lowers the stirrup....you still have to pull your self up into the saddle.

Sandy (vertically challenged)

Sorry that would make him a very small horse! LOL He is 16.1 hands.

Sandy

Thanks all for your ideas and input. I'm inclined to reccomend they get a rope ladder!

My biggest worry about any aid is liability.

I thought about an extra stirrup on a strap from the saddle horn but no matter which foot you put up first, you'd have to cross your leg to get in the saddle the proper direction. In most cases that's looking at the back of the horses ears,,,but there have been times....

I'm thinking about bowing out on this job.

Thanks again,

Terry

Step up stirrups. Available in two colors, semi-gloss black and alluminum powder coat. The left stirrup has a drop down loop for mounting, it automaticly folds up for riding. These are brand new. There are a limited number available. $160 inclufes shipping to you in the USA.

post-2349-006463200 1338347526_thumb.jpg