azrider

Chain For Wallets

I have made a couple of biker wallets now, and the only nice looking chain I have been able to find at the hardware store has been in dog collars. Thats a little more than I wanted to spend. Google search on chrome chain brought back a ton of stuff, none of which being what I wanted. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of where to get a nice looking chrome chain, and appropriately sized s hooks to attach it to the wallet.

Adam, These aren't chrome, but chainmail type, click on the accessories tab: Hawkwolf's I use them, and most of the time people comment on the chain before the wallet..lol

Tandy makes a chain just for the biker wallets. Has the leather flap with smap on one end and a snap on the other. Item # 1110-01

Timd those are very nice chains at Hawkwolf's i'll have to try those sometime.

azrider if those chain maille chains aren't what you're looking for, maybe you can find something you like here at a few sites i had in my bookmarks: amigaz hottopic

ken

Thank you for the suggestions. I took the chain and hardware out of a Tandy kit on my last wallet, but made a horsehide belt clip to match the wallet. The chain mail ones look awesome, but I don't know if I would get the price of them out of the wallet. It might be worth making two wallets, and getting a chain like that to see. My wife sent me this link- http://www.firemountaingems.com/shopping.asp?skw=KWCHAINBULKALUM and I ordered a few pieces of the a black and a gun metal to see how they look. If that's not what I am looking for, Hot Topic may be an option too.

you said dog collars

what about the leashes?

you would get more than one out of a leash

or

chain mail isn't that hard to make .....

we all need another hobby. right?

Hi, this is Jackie from Ohio Travel Bag...we have affordable already assembled hook and chains for biker wallets and we have an assortment of purse chain that can be cut to your specifications, then you can attach your hardware of choice to make a unique wallet. We are a wholesaler, with a $30 minimum order...but feel free to email me...jackie@ohiotravelbag.com and if you can't make the minimum order I can sell it to you at retail pricing (still a great value). You may enjoy our selection of hardware, www.ohiotravelbag.com. Happy New Year!

Kevin at Springfield Leather has them and S-T Leather carries them too. Billy P

Hi Jackie,

Welcome to Leatherworker.net. Please, visit us often as your help and expertise are valuable to us.

For those who don't know Ohio Travel Bag, they are a go to vendor for quality hardware. I find their stuff to be quite a few levels above most of the items coming from China. I believe a lot of their suppliers are European as the casting and plating, fit and finish of their products emotes U.S. or European quality.

The staff at OTB are pros in their field. I don't know many of them that don't have five years there, most of them are ten or fifteen year hardware addicts. Ray knows most of the hardware made on this planet, and where it is. He is THE man for finding something.

I have probably just covered the surface of products and services from OTB, so Jackie, please go to the suppliers forum and give us the full scoop on OTB.

Art

Hi, this is Jackie from Ohio Travel Bag...we have affordable already assembled hook and chains for biker wallets and we have an assortment of purse chain that can be cut to your specifications, then you can attach your hardware of choice to make a unique wallet. We are a wholesaler, with a $30 minimum order...but feel free to email me...jackie@ohiotravelbag.com and if you can't make the minimum order I can sell it to you at retail pricing (still a great value). You may enjoy our selection of hardware, www.ohiotravelbag.com. Happy New Year!

I've just used Ohio Travel Bag. For my needs, they set up an order for me through their affiliate site. very prompt service.

For wallet chains, most of the time I braid them out of leather though.

post-18459-025442300 1293799882_thumb.jp

Edited by reddevil76