Hi there,

This was a barrel of laughs to make especially since pirates and leather just go together...not to mention rum.

So it's a garter worn on your thigh that holds a hipflask. What the photo doesn't show is the pocket behind that holds a hipflask.

I tried my best not to spend too long working on it whilst still doing a quality job but in the end I would have made it for $3 an hour. I usually charge more I think I misjudged fiddling time- the time spent just working out what shape to make it. Oh well, wont quit the day job just yet lucky for me it's all just for fun. Still learning so any pointers welcome. AAAAHHHG!(pirate noise)

garter_004.jpg

garter_001___s.jpg

garter_003___s.jpg

post-5926-1218462870_thumb.jpg

post-5926-1218463112_thumb.jpg

post-5926-1218463156_thumb.jpg

Very nice! I always wondered where they kept their flasks... I like the tooling design, very original!

The dye job is attractive--the two tones are striking. I like your ship, too--it matches the style of pirate-era art, and reminds me of scrimshaw work. I suspect that the owner will have a hard time keeping this garter hidden... :red_bandana:

Very nice! I always wondered where they kept their flasks... I like the tooling design, very original!

I always thought they'd keep it in their wooden leg and just have a small tap on the bottom!!!

Tony.

LOve the whole idea and design of this.

I love the dye job. How did you achieve this look ? I guessing you used Tandy's eco flo dye, anyway please do share.

LOve the whole idea and design of this.

I love the dye job. How did you achieve this look ? I guessing you used Tandy's eco flo dye, anyway please do share.

Sorry so long to reply.

It was a great idea and I take no credit it was a creative pirate lass' concept -I just made it.

I'll explain my dye 'technique' if you can call it that.

1. I dye it with the brown dye with lumps in it that I bought 2nd. hand and has no label. I do this thoroughly, using a cotton bud to get into the deeper tooling. (You may have trouble getting some old ratty dye so you may have to settle for dye without chunks.) 2. Using my index finger I flick off any dry vintage dye bogeys.

3. I may have to wipe them onto my jeans.

4. Then I use black over the top as sparingly as I can, I let the dye on the rag dry a bit before applying to avoid streaks.

That's it. I'm hooked on this look and do nearly all my stuff this way.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Catch you later.

Sorry so long to reply.

It was a great idea and I take no credit it was a creative pirate lass' concept -I just made it.

I'll explain my dye 'technique' if you can call it that.

1. I dye it with the brown dye with lumps in it that I bought 2nd. hand and has no label. I do this thoroughly, using a cotton bud to get into the deeper tooling. (You may have trouble getting some old ratty dye so you may have to settle for dye without chunks.) 2. Using my index finger I flick off any dry vintage dye bogeys.

3. I may have to wipe them onto my jeans.

4. Then I use black over the top as sparingly as I can, I let the dye on the rag dry a bit before applying to avoid streaks.

That's it. I'm hooked on this look and do nearly all my stuff this way.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Catch you later.

I love it! I have a "thing" for anything pirate-y. How much would you sell one of these to me for? Also, how long is the strap? I'm the size of a good beer wench and don't have skinny thighs.....hahaha

Seriously though, I want to purchase one!

Aye now, I suppose that sein this lovely bit o leather modeled by an equaly lovely lass might be out of the question? But here's to ya mate. Very nice!

Slainte