Constabulary

Singer 133K - Information Wanted

That is one fine download. Sure would like to own one some day. Thank you.

small update. I finally have installed a new feed dog as I had some issues with inconstant stitches because of worn off teeth.

For the records and those who might care:

The original feed dog that came with the 133K3 has part # 98402

I actually found one but it would have cost me £58.05 + shipping :wacko: (thats about $90 + shipping) so I have ordered a feed dog with parts # 97625 which was just £5. It actually fits BUT the tooth part of the # 97625 is about 2mm flatter. I could probably lift the feeding mechanism but I don´t want to mess with the timing so I just put 2mm Delrin under the new feed dog and grind down the needle plate on the inside a little bit - voila - it works perfect.

Nice stitching - perfect feeding - I´m very pleased! :)

Small video:

Very nice! Neat and smooth feeding and nice looking stitches as well!

Yes, I like it very much! Next thing will be a "custom" harness foot with short heel I´m planing to make as I sometimes have to sew box tacks close to heavy hardware. Similar to this one:

39068-001-0006450_m.jpg

VanRhodes - How is your project going? :)

I too have such plans for the presser feet of my machine. Its progressing but slowly, I dont have alot of time to put into it at the moment and I dont have any machines of my own to work with metal wich makes me depending on other people and their busy schedule. But I have been test sewing with it basicly just testing it in different types and thicknesses of webbing and I am happy to say that I have no issue making perfect stitches with #6 cord(415) through 25mm of heavy webbing and I dont think I will have any issues with #8 cord(554) either. I've also been playing with the idea of building an X and Y axis with step-motors for the machine with the help of another friend of mine but thats a project for the future :)

What type of bobbin is used in your 133 btw? Is it one of those very large normal bobbins and not a shuttle?

Hi, haven't been on in a while, been flat out. Thrilled to bits with the Singer 133K8, 10 and 17 manual...!!! You are a real lifesaver, I have two 133K17s and didn't have the manual for them. Thanks so much. Best Regards Steve

What you mean with X - Y axis with step motor? I know what X and Y axis is but I cannot get the relation to a sewing machine but sounds interesting. :)

Will it be for sewing WW boxes?

The bobbin is totally different. The 133K and 132K have large rotary hooks and not an oscillating hooks like the 45K, Adler 20, Singer 7 and so forth.

To give you and idea of the dimensions:

post-31854-0-27351500-1416394302_thumb.j

Hi, haven't been on in a while, been flat out. Thrilled to bits with the Singer 133K8, 10 and 17 manual...!!! You are a real lifesaver, I have two 133K17s and didn't have the manual for them. Thanks so much. Best Regards Steve

You are welcome Steve - always glad when I can help! :)

Constabulary: Thanks so much for the comparison, would you say the bobbin for your 133 holds more thread compared to the bobbin for the 20/7/45K?

I ment an X and Y axis, similar to this:

I would like it to be removeable though so that i can use it either as a straight stitch or computer controlled pattern sewing machine. I have a smaller Bartacker already (Juki LK-1900A-HS) but its only sewing with #69 thread and it would be rather neat to have a computer controlled heavy duty machine for those larger WW boxes and bartacks.

I would be interested on what you used to clean all the Gunk off an what grease, etc you used to relube it?

I have an old Singer patcher coming and wonered how to get it in working order... Apparently it does not turn very well right now.

Cheers

Alex

For internal cleaning (and external when I want to repaint a machine) I use this stuff and a paint brush - not sure how it is called in the US.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/5-Liter-Waschverdunnung-Verdunnung-Reiniger-von-Recolor-fur-Autolack-WV5000-/190889776705?pt=Autopflege_Wartung&hash=item2c71ead641

It washes down gummed oil + grease really fast.

Forget brake cleaner - brake cleaner is a joke compared with the above stuff.

For oiling sewing machines and everything else I use S-761 weapons oil. It has a NATO specification and is by far the best I ever used. We used it for our weapons like the MG3 machine gun, HK G36 rifle and HK P8 pistol in the German Army and since then this stuff is my all time favorite oil. I always say - what cleans and lubricates a machine gut can´t be bad for vintage sewing machines ;)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ADDINOL-Waffenol-W18-1-Liter-vollsynthetisch-Korrosionsschutzol-1L-NATO-S-761-/251532836182?pt=Sch%C3%BCtzensport&hash=item3a90867d56

for capsuled gear boxes I use blue long life grease (not for open gears or gear boxes of patcher machines - for these I use the above S-761 oil )

http://www.ebay.de/itm/400g-Fett-Hochtemperatur-Lithium-Komplexfett-Farbe-Blau-Achsfett-KP-2-P-35-/291302135925?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item43d2f5d875

But everybody is praising his favorites so you have to decide whether the above mentioned is good or not - I will not switch to anything else.

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks alot...

I have ordered the cleaner from Recolor.

You mention gun oil and I think I have some Ballistol somewhere. Maybe this is ok? I think I will still get what you recommended. I can find a use for it, I am sure.

I have ordered the grease too. What, exactly should I grease? I guess, axels. You mention gears. How do you grease properly, I have no experience.

Thank you for your full response.

Alex

Addendum: I have bought them all... Couldn't find the Ballistol. Atleast I know they all work.

Edited by alexitbe

So I guess you are from Germany too?

I use no grease in my 29K patcher machine - I only use grease for capsuled gear boxes.

Ballistol is in my opinion NOT a very good gun or machine oil. Cannot explain it in English - Ballistol zieht Wasser an und emulgiert. It is too expensive as well.

Or just in German.

Das Fett benutze ich nur in gekapselten Lagern aber nicht bei offenen Zahnrädern (die 29K hat keine gekapselten Lager).

Ich benutze bei der Singer 29K nur Öl, weil im Fett Nähstaub usw. hängen bleiben und wenn man Öl verwendet wird Staub usw. bei regelmäßiger Ölung halt zum Teil wieder mit ausgespült. Das ist aber meine Sicht der Dinge - andere haben evtl. eine andere Meinung.

But lets keep it in English as it is very international here ;)

Agreed re S-761 weapons oil..Ballistol ( very popular in France ) is crap for weapons etc..wouldn't expect it to be any better on sewing machines..another popular one here Armistol..not impressed with it either..

Edited by mikesc

Thank you both....

Yes, I live in Germany, but am not a Native. Mein Deutsche ist sehr schlect. :)

I have had my suspicions about Ballistol for a while. I used to store it in a bottle with a metal cap and the oil would turn green after some months...

Anyway, I will start a new thread after I pick it up on Tuesday. I hope it has all the parts ad just needs a strip down.

Thanks for all the advice.

Alex

Edited by alexitbe

Be careful with the stuff from Recolor on the outside!!!! It is more aggressive than the regular paint thinner.

Would like to see your machine so I´m looking forward to your new thread. :)

If someone is looking for an original 132K manual - I have found one on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/261685215520?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I will not bid.

I also have found and original 1931 dated parts lits for my 133K3. Unfortunately not illustrated but I love original documentations. I figured the difference between 133K2 and 133K3 is that the 133K3 has a roller foot.

Really too bad the parts are not illustrated :( But I figured that my tension unit should have a felt washer so seems I have to make one...

Still learning about the machine - I like it!

post-31854-0-36762700-1417977786_thumb.j

post-31854-0-63228800-1417977788_thumb.j

post-31854-0-22460600-1417977790_thumb.j

Edited by Constabulary

Hello everyone,

i just (well,... it took some hours until my registration was reviewed - but better wait than to have spam on a board) registered because i also have a Singer 133K8.

I just have scanned my original Singer 133K8 to 133K10 and 133K17 manual so here it is.

Direct download link:

Singer 133K8, 133K9, 133K10 and 133K17 Manual

Thank you so much for the manual! I searched long and this was the only link i found - and it worked :)

One question .. i got no luck to find a shop in germany/europe for the needles. I searched for some time but only found a shop in Australia ;(

The manual says that the machine needs needles of the type 216X1 for cloth and 216X2 for leather. Does anyone know an alternative which can be bought in a shop in germany/europe?

Thanks in advance, Mathias

Grüße nach Frankfurt!

Lucky you - I never have found a 133K8 in Germany, my only luck was the 133K3.

Glad you found the manual useful. You can use Sys. 328 (214x1 / 214x2) needles. But you can but the original 216 needles from CollegeSewing in the UK

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/catalog/search.aspx?keywords=216

refine the search in the NEEDLES category.

What needles size are you looking for - I may have a few extra.

I bought the 133K8 in a used state around 1998 for 800DM. The previous owner did some painting on it (not too bad) and it worked well. He also included some needles, but i dont find them any more :(

Now i want to get rid of it, because i had no use for it in the last ~ 13 years and you know, it's a massive and place-consuming tool :)

For testing it would be great to have some needles (leather and cloth). At the moment i have only one for cloth, but i have no clue how the size of the needles are defined :/ It would be great to have some for massive leather (4-5mm thick altogether) and cloth (like the one used for convertible soft tops or the canvas for truck trailers).

Thank you for your help so far, Mathias

The topic you responded to is from November 2014. The manual was sold on eBay in Germany and is long expired. Your only hope is to post in our MarketPlace Items Wanted ads for the manual. Or, maybe somebody who is currently on the form has a manual they can photocopy and digitize or mail to you.

If anybody has an e-manual for a Singer 133k4, please contact new member Raymond Okini.

Seems I missed this thread - sorry the links are dead. I will look if I still have the PDF´s on my PC.

Raymond, can you post some pictures of the 133K4 please - I never heard of this subclass.

Is that a free motion machine? Like the kind that sew in any direction, but do not feed, so stitch length is up to operator? That is the weirdest foot i have ever seen. Is there a feed dog there at all?