Sign in to follow this  
crazytailorlady

Made my own stamps!

Hey all, I've been looking at a lot of custom-made and DIY stamp ideas and came up with some of my own. These are made from steel screws but I forgot to include a photo of them before I "edited" them. From tools is used a vice, a metal saw and a few metal files. The other photo is how the stamps look on leather. I am very proud of these since its my first time making them.

IMG_20220430_131921.thumb.jpg.da1c8f4d7fd3d348dfc15fd330576ee6.jpgIMG_20220430_131858.thumb.jpg.78fdd4dc6c364d1de0186b872755fb9b.jpg

I have yet to make a metal stamp.  How long did it take you to make them?  What was your inspiration behind these particular designs?  

Nice work!

7 hours ago, crazytailorlady said:

Hey all, I've been looking at a lot of custom-made and DIY stamp ideas and came up with some of my own. These are made from steel screws but I forgot to include a photo of them before I "edited" them. From tools is used a vice, a metal saw and a few metal files. The other photo is how the stamps look on leather. I am very proud of these since its my first time making them.

IMG_20220430_131921.thumb.jpg.da1c8f4d7fd3d348dfc15fd330576ee6.jpgIMG_20220430_131858.thumb.jpg.78fdd4dc6c364d1de0186b872755fb9b.jpg

those are awesome, i make many of my own tools also, including some stamps, most except some real intricate tools can be made easily with stuff laying around the house. 

20 hours ago, PastorBob said:

I have yet to make a metal stamp.  How long did it take you to make them?  What was your inspiration behind these particular designs?  

It took me about an hour, maybe a little less, to make them all. I had good tools. I was thinking of simple designs that can be used to make like a complex pattern or an image and some lines, a star and a triangle seemed a good start :)

3 hours ago, crazytailorlady said:

It took me about an hour, maybe a little less, to make them all. I had good tools. I was thinking of simple designs that can be used to make like a complex pattern or an image and some lines, a star and a triangle seemed a good start :)

Good choices.  Great work!!!!

On 5/4/2022 at 3:32 AM, crazytailorlady said:

Nice work !