I did have a  search before posting, but nothing on scissors. 

I've gone through quite a few pairs of scissors over the years, some had  hard plastic handles and break .  Some have the  metal going through the plastic handles, but they don't stay sharp or simply fail. They have nuts that can be tightened but come loose, even with 'loctite'.  The best ones so far are kitchen shears from my local supermarket. The blades come apart for cleaning and the blades stay ' close ' together and don't separate when cutting, and can  easily  cut roo,  chrome, 1.5 veg, ....and can easily cut 3.5 - 4mm veg. ....when my hands let me that is . A bit 'Arthur Rit Ic'  But the blades can be a bit short on some projects, especially on canvas, horse rugs etc.  They're only about 80mm long. 

So what scissors do you use? Any recommendations? 

HS

Wiltshear Kitchen shears.jpeg

I use these by Mundial, the 'Red Dot' ones. I got my first pair over 22 years ago. I'm still using them. I have three pairs. They'll cut at least up to 6mm leather and even very thin sheet metal. They come in different lengths. The shortest pair I have is 8.5 inches, good for most general work. The other two pairs are 9.5 inches. Just looking at them now I noticed that there subtly different - almost like they were 'hand-made'   

They cost me from £10 to £15 each pair. They are dearer, but not by much, now of course. I got these in general hard-ware stores but I'm told they are popular with 'dress makers'. They're too good for the likes of them I reckon  :lol:

Scissors_Mundial_Dressmakers_True_Left_8

I bought a pair from harbor freight.  Costs me about   $10 or so and I've had it for about three or four years now. I use it to rough cut pieces of the hide and never had  problem cutting anything.

image.png.1bfccf64c77ce0d0c145e9125f49023d.png