DanaStanley

souped up Consew CP206RL

On 4/6/2024 at 10:42 AM, Nadiri said:

I see a lot of post about swapping out clutch for servo motors or installing servo motors to machines that are being inserted/installed into tables.  Is there any way for me to slow down my consew CP206RL by just replacing the wheel with a larger one and getting an appropriately sized belt? I'm hoping to keep it portable...maybe.

Yest there is the kit that fits Sailrite fits this! Its wheels and a belt. Contact Us (sailrite.com)  Maybe this Speed Reduction Pulley for Ultrafeed® & Leatherwork® (sailrite.com)

Edited by DanaStanley

Did anyone change the foot on theirs? I just got one of these and been practicing on scraps and notice that the foot texture is causing the leather to have indentation and rubbing off the dye on embossed leathers. Is there a smooth walking foot? 

39 minutes ago, Dominique said:

Did anyone change the foot on theirs? I just got one of these and been practicing on scraps and notice that the foot texture is causing the leather to have indentation and rubbing off the dye on embossed leathers. Is there a smooth walking foot? 

Sailrite does offer smooth and a knurled foot set for their leather sewing machine variant. The pebble grain pattern is a little friendlier to veg-tan ;leather than the stock feet, which have angled teeth. The totally smooth set will have less pull on the top layer and could slip instead of feeding slick material.

On 4/6/2024 at 9:42 AM, Nadiri said:

I see a lot of post about swapping out clutch for servo motors or installing servo motors to machines that are being inserted/installed into tables.  Is there any way for me to slow down my consew CP206RL by just replacing the wheel with a larger one and getting an appropriately sized belt? I'm hoping to keep it portable...maybe.

@Nadiri I added the WorkerB package from Sailrite to my machine to improve the speed control & torque and keep it portable. I have also added feed dogs and presser feet better suited for leather work along with a stitch length plate. Member kgg here sells a nice kit for this.

My starting point was a cheap generic base machine that turned into something useable. In this journey I spent considerable time and a lot of money to get it to where it is now reliable and with utility. Not recommended for those not mechanically inclined and not prepared to learn how to tune this machine.

Edited by CdK
Duplicates

43 minutes ago, CdK said:

Member kgg here sells a nice kit for this.

Thank you for the compliment.

kgg