Sign in to follow this  
Stewart

A Well Balanced Family

This is in progress. Taking a picture will show problems that need to be corrected. Now the thing is, is that leather grabs paint prohibiting a good flow. the type of sealer before may solve the problem. the type of acrylic,I use which is an oil type instead of the paste type may influence adhesion.
I will have to research how Mozart create the paintings he did and the type of medium he used.

DSCF0009.JPG

Nice! It looks like it's coming together again.

The acrylics I use are just water based (Angelus paints).  I add water to them if I want them to flow more or soak into the leather, and can add layers on top of them to get more vibrant colors.  Like red on top of white to make the red pop, etc.

Like the humor.  and the tooling!

YinTx

I'm enjoying the art.  To me the imperfections make it authentic and add to the charm.  Thanks for sharing.

21 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

Nice! It looks like it's coming together again.

Thank you.

18 hours ago, YinTx said:

The acrylics I use are just water based (Angelus paints).  I add water to them if I want them to flow more or soak into the leather, and can add layers on top of them to get more vibrant colors.  Like red on top of white to make the red pop, etc.

Like the humor.  and the tooling!

YinTx

I water down sometimes. Thanks for the tip.The humor-Oh you trying to tell me he didn't paint ???

17 hours ago, TomE said:

I'm enjoying the art.  To me the imperfections make it authentic and add to the charm.  Thanks for sharing.

Now I know why the ladies are always smiling at me. 

As  it is said"It's good as it gets"

DSCF0015.JPG

What a delightful piece.  Growing up on a farm, we had barbed wire and electric fences to keep in the cattle.  No wooden fences.  The only interaction we had with the fence was trying to talk one of our city friends into peeing on the electric wire.  Always good for a laugh.

5 hours ago, Stewart said:

Now I know why the ladies are always smiling at me. 

:)