Stewart

Viewing Fish

And ,after a fiasco on the attempt of last posting ,this one should work.

I have this ting about showing fish suspended in water. The hard part is ruining the scene after sealing by

putting a film of water backgound over it. 

How to create images suspended is what i am trying to figure out.

Who researches something before they do it. Not me.

Leather is an unforgiving surface and may not be able to duplicate the look. Spraying a sealer does present a workable surface

Any ideas is welcome agreable or not

DSCF5046.JPG

I think you have captured the aquarium look very well .  NICELY DONE

20 hours ago, Gezzer said:

I think you have captured the aquarium look very well .  NICELY DONE

Thanks, Thing is its not the look I am looking for and that one seems to be off.(A lot off). has to have a flow.

Unlike canvis where you background than build outward.The surfaces efect the paint differently/

Maybe if i trace shallow cuts then paint like canvis the tool the images it might kind of work.

Here is a thought from left field , what if you used say painters tape to lay out the scene  ?  You know cut out fish shapes , coral pieces , where ever you are going to tool , paint the background  , once dry remove tape and then do your tooling ? Blocking out for tooling somehow I would think might give the results you are after .   

I bet you will get it figured out :spoton:

You know that might work, i was going to keep it simple to concentrat on the painting style. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Northmount said:

Painters tape, green tape leaves residue on the leather.  Was not happy to see that!

I didn't know that ,, I told him it was from WAY OUT in left field .

As the kids say MY BAD :blush:

5 minutes ago, Gezzer said:

As the kids say MY BAD

We learn through experience, some good, some bad.  And try to pass along new found information.  All is ggod!

Over here we have painters tape called 'Frog tape'. There are three or four 'grades'.  I use a standard one with my plastic modelling and I use the 'Green', the low tack grade on my leather. I use it to mask off the squares on my game boards and other similar jobs. This tape has never left any residue or reacted with dyes, paints or top finish. Actually, sometimes the low tack can be the problem! :rolleyes2: :lol: