Brokenolmarine

Tractor Holster for the Wife

Miss Tina wanted a holster for the Tractor, as she often encounters varmints when working around the farm.  I gave it some thought and put the OLD panel I had cut out for the Ruger Wrangler and messed up the basketweave to work.  She said that was fine, since it would be a working holster.  I had used the back side to try and learn the LARGE format basketweave and wasn't there yet.  She said, "Wax it to protect it and sew it up, I'll hang it from the steering wheel post or something."  Yeah, not going to happen.  I had some other ideas as well.  This one had a surprise for her.

It actually doesn't look bad, she was surprised.

1034015563_28done.thumb.jpg.3e954e81f637fd273ef028fe3729f885.jpg

Her real surprise was behind the holster.  I had mounted a Gun Magnet.  Rubber coated, it wouldn't damage the paint on the tractor, UTV, or mower and could be stuck anywhere there was metal.  Inside on the fender, on the hood, on the inside of the UTV door.

402963081_29magnetholdswell.thumb.jpg.9c992011fdc297c20649d41df37b2724.jpg

I handed it to her and she immediately stuck it on the stainless steel fridge in the kitchen.  NOT a hint of movement.  Turned it sideways, nope.  I warned her.  "You have to slide the thing to break the hold before you try and take it OFF, you can't just grab and go."  THIS thing has some grip.  The magnet is about 1-1/2" by 3" but powerful.

The build was a learning experience and the design changed as needed as I went.  I'm happy and so is she.

very nice :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Looks good and what I can see of it's content does too. Can't beat a single action for varmint control.

9 minutes ago, doubleh said:

Looks good and what I can see of it's content does too. Can't beat a single action for varmint control.

It's a Ruger Wrangler, but went with the upgrade, as it is, to get the wooden grips.  Cheaper to do that and get the Factory wooden ones that add aftermarket that may or may not fit.  The Wrangler isn't as nice as the Ruger Single Six, but we planned to knock it around, so... why not.

I didn't do a build along here, but did take the pics if anyone has questions about anything.

Nicely  done .  For the intended use the magnet was a stroke of genius :thumbsup: