Sign in to follow this  
Thescandall

Pancake for Ruger Speed Six

27C53F42-C1A6-4AA1-B5F7-341786DFD611.jpeg.ede824d97fb9b17b8d3a4118d7f2b55c.jpegBuddy of mine wanted  me to make one for this pistol he inherited from his dad. 
short little stubby thing but cool.  

CFF2911A-71B9-44DD-8983-53A2B6CAD1BC.jpeg

00B300BE-51D2-4CF5-8CEB-07E7F7A6AD8C.jpeg

Looks good !!!  The black with white  stitching  is cool and the hardware really makes it pop .I carry a wheel gun but not many do any more . Your buddy should be very happy with that !!!!!!

Thanks Gezzer.   That is only the second one I’ve made of that style. So there is lots of room for improvement.  
  The thread is actually # 277 Silver top and bottom.  I like the contrast too 

That is a nice job !!

2 hours ago, Thescandall said:

Thanks Gezzer.   That is only the second one I’ve made of that style. So there is lots of room for improvement.  
  The thread is actually # 277 Silver top and bottom.  I like the contrast too 

Now that I look closer I see it is silver , still looks  " slick ":thumbsup:

Nice work. My dad died almost 2 years ago. I brought home the 4" speed 6 in 357 mag I gave him in 1985. I think he still had the same bullets I gave him. I made a chest rig for it for fishing and hiking. 

20210209_170913.jpg

Edited by Hags
Spelling and content

Nice work guys.  I am a wheel gun guy from Way Back.  I love my 1911s, but as a PPC competitor, we shot 6" Revolvers at 50 yards.  I carried a Model 64 Smith out of the academy and never felt undergunned.  When we made the switch to Glocks, I bought my model 64 4" plus one of the 2" guns the Sergeants carried in plain clothes or off duty.  Love the holsters.  I am planning on making a Full Western Rig for my Uberti Birdshead .357 in a few weeks, a little more practice on the tooling and carving first.

8 hours ago, Hags said:

Nice work. My dad died almost 2 years ago. I brought home the 4" speed 6 in 357 mag I gave him in 1985. I think he still had the same bullets I gave him. I made a chest rig for it for fishing and hiking. 

20210209_170913.jpg

Nice chest rig Hags. Haven’t tried one of those yet.  I do have an order for one tho so I need to do some research on the how too. 
Any resources you recommend 

If you look back on my posts, I put up a pic with all the parts laid out on a grid board so you could see the dimensions.  Other  than that, it's just a pancake with attachment points instead of belt loops. If you want more info, PM me and I can give you more.