Working on another rifle sling. This one I was trying for a old style look to it. The dye didnt come out as even as I would have liked but over all Im pleased with it so far. But when I finish (still gotta sew on the padded portion and put it together) Ill probably try to pawn it off on someone at work lol.

Got the wolf image online, I drew up the feather and kind of free handed it on the leather except for the outline, and got the wolf print online.

I was gonna use my hair tool but I still cant get any good results with that thing, so I just used the swivel knife for everthing, did alot of molding with the the modeler spoon or whatever its called.

Ill post another pic when its all finished. Sorry for the bad pics I really gotta get one of those white boxes built.

resized_dark.JPG

resized_lighter_image.JPG

post-5781-1231877491_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1231877498_thumb.jpg

Great job Max I love the dye chose and the art work the only thing I would say and take this with a grain of salt but looks like a smothing spoon could be used to nock down some bevel marks and I say that with backing because I have had a problem with the smooth bevler in that area.

Josh

Thanks Jbyrd and yes I need to improve on the beveling. I get most of the little guys smoothed out but the larger underlying bumbs dont smooth out as well. I definatly need more practice with working with the carving/stamping tools. I got into doing work for a while that was simple cases that didnt have any art work on them.

And Im allways open to improvements that I can make, thanks

One thing I may have not made clear is that feather is very good looks real. JoshOne thing I may have not made clear is that feather is very good looks real. Josh

Good looking rifle sling! Think I'm gonna try one of theese with that has a separate strap at the bottom myself. Seem like it'll give better use of the hides.

About hte beveling noted by Josh I'd like to fill in my best tip and that is to do it whilst the leather is pretty dry because if to wet you don't make good impression but rather push the mass of the leather to the sides making it impossible to avoid the "bumps".

Tom

ART WORK LOOKS GREAT.....one thing you might want to try is to

let the leather dry a little more before you start to Bevel .

( TOM and I was posting at the same time.....Great minds think alike )

Edited by Luke Hatley

Really nice tooling on that one Max and I like the design.

Can't someone who knows how to make riffle slings make a smal drawing with pieces and meassuremnets for the rest of us that really wants to try *blink, blink*

Come on you guys got together on those posts I see right through you.

ART WORK LOOKS GREAT.....one thing you might want to try is to

let the leather dry a little more before you start to Bevel .

( TOM and I was posting at the same time.....Great minds think alike )

Come on you guys got together on those posts I see right through you.

We're basically the same;-)

The tooling artwork is indeed nice!!

Tom

Ha ha ha!!!!!

I agree

Looks great Corey.Keep it up bud.Dave

Thanks guys, really appreciate the input. I guess I gotta let it dry a bit more, I find sweetspots sometimes but never can seem to hold it at that good point for very long. Ill try and let it dry a little more next round do some more experimenting with it.

Really nice tooling on that one Max and I like the design.Can't someone who knows how to make riffle slings make a smal drawing with pieces and meassuremnets for the rest of us that really wants to try *blink, blink*
I can get you dimensions when I get home and that should give you a rough idea. However the sizes are endless really as too how you wanna play with it.

Hey Tina here you go,

Just anyone who uses this it is a mix of designs that I have scene and gotten help with from David (DCknives). Some of the measurements can be varied as necessary to change the style and such and adjustability. Have fun.

blah_1_.jpg

post-5781-1231903921_thumb.jpg

Hey Tina here you go,

Just anyone who uses this it is a mix of designs that I have scene and gotten help with from David (DCknives). Some of the measurements can be varied as necessary to change the style and such and adjustability. Have fun.

Love it:-)

Super Thank You Max, when I finished of the project I have going I'm going to make one for my husband, he needs some flair for the riffles:-)

Very nice, not that you need reminding but dont forget to post it up.

Well had a little boute of lack of creativity or what not but finally got back around to doing some projects.

So redid this one and figured that I would post up some pics of it.

resized_front.JPG

resized_overall_veiw.JPG

post-5781-1236064067_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1236064083_thumb.jpg

Looks absolutely great!!!

Tom