Seagrove59

Passport wallet and small carry wallet

We seem to be doing doing and planning more travel, and I always seem to be searching for passport and credit cards etc, when moving spot to spot. So I decided to do a passport wallet for the moving part of the trips. 
For when we are based, I found that my daily wallet has a lot of cards that I need at home not so much with travel. So I did up a prototype of a small scale western style wallet with some scraps I had around, to see how it would work out and if suitable I will do a more finished one for travel use.

83C947F2-83AC-4DE9-859D-97F2E1091F91.jpeg

64A9D833-83CC-4FB7-B661-BEE3650E024B.jpeg

Just now, Seagrove59 said:

We seem to be doing doing and planning more travel, and I always seem to be searching for passport and credit cards etc, when moving spot to spot. So I decided to do a passport wallet for the moving part of the trips. 
For when we are based, I found that my daily wallet has a lot of cards that I need at home not so much with travel. So I did up a prototype of a small scale western style wallet with some scraps I had around, to see how it would work out and if suitable I will do a more finished one for travel use.

83C947F2-83AC-4DE9-859D-97F2E1091F91.jpeg

64A9D833-83CC-4FB7-B661-BEE3650E024B.jpeg

Small wallet

D2AB13AA-73FF-49BA-B184-F7BA9AA6517F.jpeg

3CEC65D5-BD26-4CA7-9ACB-E8CA43F22746.jpeg

those look great to me. I think they worked out just fine, i like that cloth interior.

I just got back from an international trip and my wallet carry requirements were quite different from what they are at home. This is a good idea. I'll remember to do something similar before my next international trip. 

They turned out great, great colours, especially the blue ( my fave colour)

HS

I love messing around with different styles of wallet.  Mostly my efforts have been towards minimalism and tying to create a design that is practical enough while remaining slim.  

Your travel wallet is nice and would surely get the job done.  I screwed up when I got my license renewed.  In Missouri you can either get a drivers license which also serves as official ID, or not.  I didn't realize that at the time.  And so, when I fly, I have to use my passport, even on domestic flights.  What a pain!  Live and learn.  I hated having to carry a large wallet, but it did house the passport and boarding passes, etc.  

19 hours ago, MedusaOblongata said:

I just got back from an international trip and my wallet carry requirements were quite different from what they are at home. This is a good idea. I'll remember to do something similar before my next international trip. 

Thanks

13 hours ago, Handstitched said:

They turned out great, great colours, especially the blue ( my fave colour)

HS

I have just started with the coloured dyes, I  like how they come out

12 hours ago, Tugadude said:

I love messing around with different styles of wallet.  Mostly my efforts have been towards minimalism and tying to create a design that is practical enough while remaining slim.  

Your travel wallet is nice and would surely get the job done.  I screwed up when I got my license renewed.  In Missouri you can either get a drivers license which also serves as official ID, or not.  I didn't realize that at the time.  And so, when I fly, I have to use my passport, even on domestic flights.  What a pain!  Live and learn.  I hated having to carry a large wallet, but it did house the passport and boarding passes, etc.  

In Canada they accept our picture driver licences as I’d on flights domestically. The green carry wallet should come in handy on the international travel as it will house just the cards I really need for travel. It is about half smaller than my usual home carry wallet. It is actually in the corner of the open passport wallet photo.

11 hours ago, Seagrove59 said:

In Canada they accept our picture driver licences as I’d on flights domestically. The green carry wallet should come in handy on the international travel as it will house just the cards I really need for travel. It is about half smaller than my usual home carry wallet. It is actually in the corner of the open passport wallet photo.

I love that color interior on the green wallet.  Reminds me of Cognac.  And the fabric is a nice touch.  I have used denim fabric on a few wallets, just experimenting and I think fabric makes for a nice contrast.

6 hours ago, Tugadude said:

I love that color interior on the green wallet.  Reminds me of Cognac.  And the fabric is a nice touch.  I have used denim fabric on a few wallets, just experimenting and I think fabric makes for a nice contrast.

Thanks it is saddle tan and then atomic balm changes shade to that warmer hue. Interior is actually some wool plaid left over from a kilt I had made. 

4 minutes ago, Seagrove59 said:

Thanks it is saddle tan and then atomic balm changes shade to that warmer hue. Interior is actually some wool plaid left over from a kilt I had made. 

Did you make a sporran bag?