ArkieNewbie

Wallet for My Brother

Here is a wallet I made as a Christmas present for my brother. I bought a remnant box of high end leathers from a guy who makes really nice wallets and wanted to try it on one of my designs. I'm proud of this one mostly because of the progress I can see in it. I feel like my edge finishing has progressed really well. This is also the first project I have used my new maker stamp from Bunkhouse Tools on. I'm really happy with the stamp even though I didn't get a great impression on this leather. I pressed it before assembly but I think this leather was a little soft to take it really well. Anyways, let me know what you think!

Camo Wallet.jpg

Camo Wallet 2.jpg

Camo Wallet 3.jpg

Camo Wallet 4.jpg

That's a nice front pocket wallet. I like the camo

41 minutes ago, Simplejack1985 said:

That's a nice front pocket wallet. I like the camo

Thanks! I appreciate it! 

I like the camo as well. It is La Perla Azzurra. From Rocky Mountain Leather Supply it is like $17/sf. I'm not to a point where I'm comfortable paying that so buying somebody else's remnants was a big win! 

I feel you. Every time I get leather I wanna cry. I only get 3 or so sides or hermann-oak-leather and same with some dublin or similar. Nice things are alot of coin on this hobby.

First class  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent wallet.  Keep up the good work.

I'm making a new wallet out of Ostridge.  Skins cost about $ 12 - 15 so it's not that bad.  One skin makes one holster.  

I made one out of Python but the kydex only lasted 3 year.  Your stitching looks good and that, to me, is one of the most important things to get done.

very nice work your brother must have loved getting it.:yes:

On 12/30/2022 at 6:55 PM, AzShooter said:

Excellent wallet.  Keep up the good work.

I'm making a new wallet out of Ostridge.  Skins cost about $ 12 - 15 so it's not that bad.  One skin makes one holster.  

I made one out of Python but the kydex only lasted 3 year.  Your stitching looks good and that, to me, is one of the most important things to get done.

Thanks! I appreciate it! I've worked hard on making my stitching at consistent as possible. I agree with you. Clean stitching makes all the difference in the world! I have two ostrich legs at home that I have been putting off doing something with. I've thought about a check book cover but just haven't been able to pull the trigger yet. 

On 12/30/2022 at 8:18 PM, Bert03241 said:

very nice work your brother must have loved getting it.:yes:

Thanks! He was happy with it! He usually just keeps his cash and cards loose in his front pocket so a front pocket wallet fixed him up good. 

On 12/29/2022 at 3:47 PM, Gezzer said:

First class  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much!!

Edited by ArkieNewbie
contents

I just checked my new Ostridge leather for making a tri-fold wallet and it ended up being too skinny to work.  I checked measurements and I'll be able to save it for the next person looking for a bi-fold.  I may even make a checkbook cover.  It's wide enough so at least it won't go to waste.