scoggim

Binding on Juki LZH-1290

Looking at potentially purchasing a Juki LZH-1290 Sewing machine. but wanting to know if anyone has ever used it as a binder? I 3 layer nylon pouch using 3/4 raw edge binding, I am currently binding on a cylinder arm machine but would want to be able to do it on this machine if possible?

2 hours ago, scoggim said:

Looking at potentially purchasing a Juki LZH-1290 Sewing machine. but wanting to know if anyone has ever used it as a binder? I 3 layer nylon pouch using 3/4 raw edge binding, I am currently binding on a cylinder arm machine but would want to be able to do it on this machine if possible?

Post in the leather sewing machine section.

16 hours ago, scoggim said:

Looking at potentially purchasing a Juki LZH-1290 Sewing machine.

I am not familiar with the Juki LZH-1290 machine but as long as the bed has the holes to accept attachments located to the right and centered to the right of the needle you should be a able to use a binding attachment. Using 3/4 inch binding tape would probably be best done with the zig zag set to zero ( 0 ) so the machine is being used as a straight stitch machine. If I'm not mistaken this is a drop feed machine. The question I have is why the Juki LZH-1290  rather then a 1541S or even a 1181N or is the zig zag feature an important need?

kgg

He needs the zigzag function.  That I know.

glenn